GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: 16valver dan on 30 May 2012, 13:48

Title: do i love my car too much?
Post by: 16valver dan on 30 May 2012, 13:48
well last month some prick went and stole my well loved cl and burnt it out (saddest day of my life) after this i put everything on hold and spent thousands restoring her, im happy to say after a month of work shes back on the road and going strong. anyone else think they would do this if it ever happened or is my obsession with my golf too big
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: liva2704 on 30 May 2012, 13:59
No mate ive done the same myself to another car that got burnt out.I was told "you'll never get that back on the road" etc etc,and you know what it came back even better.Best to show the theiving scum that they cant put you down and you just bounce back.
WELL DONE!! i say.
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: 16valver dan on 30 May 2012, 14:06
No mate ive done the same myself to another car that got burnt out.I was told "you'll never get that back on the road" etc etc,and you know what it came back even better.Best to show the theiving scum that they cant put you down and you just bounce back.
WELL DONE!! i say.

i think the worst part was having that pearl paint cost a bomb for a respray :/
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 15:46
Don't get me wrong I love my golf but if it was totaly burnt out I would not send thousands fixing it. I would spend that money on a new one and have loadsa cash left over for mods.
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: liva2704 on 30 May 2012, 15:56
Thats fair play but i feel sometimes when you've had a car for years and you've been through thick and thin together it feels like they have a soul and its your duty as the owner to do what you can for the poor little blighter. :cry:
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: MattJAbela on 30 May 2012, 16:41
I get what your saying, mate, i would probably seriously contemplate doing that. I've had a car written off by a stupid woman who decided not to use her brakes..it was a mk2 fiesta, i got another one before i got the golf, and it just wasn't the same even though it was better..
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 16:55
I do see where your coming from.
If it was a rare car that was hard to get hold of that would probably be the case.
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: liva2704 on 30 May 2012, 17:04
It happened to me when i had a mitsubishi galant VR4 the 1988 model the ones they used to rally before the evo's,had the same engine as the evo 1&2.It got burnt out while i was at a theme park by some idiot who decided to put a dispoable barbecue under his car that was parked to mine and you can guess what happened next. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: CJA321 on 30 May 2012, 17:59
This is far too far imo. Especially for a CL. My input  :tongue:
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: Dannyboi30 on 30 May 2012, 18:33
No mate ive done the same myself to another car that got burnt out.I was told "you'll never get that back on the road" etc etc,and you know what it came back even better.Best to show the theiving scum that they cant put you down and you just bounce back.
WELL DONE!! i say.



+1 amd fair play : )
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: Gavv8 on 30 May 2012, 19:13
You never heard of 'rusty' the e28 beemer on stanceworks...
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 30 May 2012, 19:45
I'd have got a corrado vr6 or a mk3 vr6 instead :s       
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: 16valver dan on 30 May 2012, 19:49
no i love it too much maybe an engine change at some point but the old gal aint goin nowhere
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: murraymint on 30 May 2012, 19:51
You got any before/after pics?
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: 16valver dan on 30 May 2012, 20:08
didnt think at time mate just been focused on rebuild
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: tweed on 30 May 2012, 22:32
I would do the same. I love all my cars. That's why I have 3 now lol I can't sell them, I get attached. I write cars off or keep them lol
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 30 May 2012, 23:30
This is far too far imo. Especially for a CL. My input  :tongue:

Amen to that.
Title: Re: do i love my car too much?
Post by: Wayne on 30 May 2012, 23:51
This is far too far imo. Especially for a CL. My input  :tongue:

Amen to that.

Yep, not worth the hassle or expense.