GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: WhiteGolfMK3 on 30 May 2012, 12:49
-
A few weeks ago I bought JOM coilovers off eBay new and fitted them. Today ive come to changing the ride height, I want to lower the car more. I thought that spinning the washers upwards lowers the suspension, but when I did this there seemed to be no change in ride height? Am I doing something wrong? If someone could explain to me how to adjust the height that would be great! Heres a photo of the passenger side coilover fitted:
(http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/peternash2/IMAG0223.jpg)
-
Mate wind them down to lower it not up :wink:
-
If I wind all the way down, the blue springs become loose, is that alright?
-
Its not brilliant as you will need to re-seat it when ever you raise the car but is the only way to go lower.
What you could do is take out the helper spring to give yourself more lows :)
-
When the car is jacked up then the shocks will be topped out (fully extended) so yes, the spring will be loose but when car is lowered back down the shocks compress and slack is taken up. Remember to cover all threads in a nice thick layer of copper grease or similar because they are near impossible to adjust if they rings and shock body corrode together.
-
And yeah, taking the helper spring out gives you more lows :laugh:
-
Trouble is if i remember correctly if you take it for mot and the tester sees them loose he will fail it,but i guess you just wind them up for the mot.
-
Or take it to the right MOT stations :P
-
TRUE :wink:
-
you put them on and didnt have thm right down to begin with?!!