GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: liva2704 on 29 May 2012, 13:23
-
Anybody know the best place to get top suspension mounts from?
-
Ebay or GSF/Eurocar parts
I just bought these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNTING-WITH-BEARING-VW-SHARAN-LH-RH?item=330498034712&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8757613434128401973#ht_827wt_952 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNTING-WITH-BEARING-VW-SHARAN-LH-RH?item=330498034712&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8757613434128401973#ht_827wt_952)
and
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK2-MK3-CORRADO-REAR-SHOCK-TOP-MOUNT-KIT-C187?item=190405053192&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m503&_trkparms=algo%3DRIC.CFNP%26itu%3DI%252BUA%26otn%3D12%26pmod%3D400290654771%26po%3DLPIW%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8757613559756195483#ht_1918wt_952 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK2-MK3-CORRADO-REAR-SHOCK-TOP-MOUNT-KIT-C187?item=190405053192&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m503&_trkparms=algo%3DRIC.CFNP%26itu%3DI%252BUA%26otn%3D12%26pmod%3D400290654771%26po%3DLPIW%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8757613559756195483#ht_1918wt_952)
-
These fit gti?
-
All the front top mounts are the same, try and get the Febi ones if you can.
-
Ok cool thanks
-
Buy them from here buddy. I've got parts from here before and it's great value for money.
Febi rear top mounts (this is a pair)
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=502
Front top mounts (this is singular so you'll need two)
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=420
-
to replace top mounts on coilovers do you need a spring compressor?
-
You don't really on coilovers, I never bothered. Infact you can do it without on standard if you jack the car off the spring.
I'm wondering whether to just go for some cheap £13 for two mounts this time.
Costing me a fortune! Got genuine last time and still only last 6-8k miles.
-
how do you know when your top mounts have gone then? because my car creaks when i turn to the left. it never did it with my old suspension. i'm assuming top mounts have gone? sorry for all the questions.