GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 28 May 2012, 22:35
-
Hi guys, i drove home last night to find when i parked up....smoke was coming from my rear wheel.
I re-lubed my rear calipers a few months ago and applied new discs, pads and bearings due to the hand brake being slack.
Now i think its time for some new calipers after last nights incident.
Here is a video, hope you can confirm my suspicions.
(http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r557/bryanhickman7777/th_IMG_0522.jpg) (http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r557/bryanhickman7777/?action=view¤t=IMG_0522.mp4)
http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r557/bryanhickman7777/?action=view¤t=IMG_0522.mp4
-
Mine had a similar fault and my hand brake would not work. I had the caliper changed and all has been great since. I also teied having mine stripped and greased before which only works for a short time. Also health and safety says you should not work on a car still on a jack and eapecially the original VW jack :grin:
-
Lmao I've had my car drop twice due to these jack, it rolled off my moms drive, nearly hitting the blokes van opposite........ Close call....
-
i have literally just had my rear caliper replaced too...along with handbrake cable!
-
Was you experiencing a similar problem?