GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 17:08

Title: Rear disc's
Post by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 17:08
What was the smallest size engine on a MK 3 to get rear disc's?
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: madmanmart on 28 May 2012, 17:14
2.0L and VR6 only
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 28 May 2012, 17:23
2.0 GTI & 2.8 VR6 only had them in this country afaik.
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 28 May 2012, 17:24
Bloody hell my post was seriously delayed there.  :huh:
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 19:57
Did the vento get them on lower spec engines? I've seen 4 stud rear beams for vento's but wondered what engine they were from
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: Wayne on 28 May 2012, 20:01
Did the vento get them on lower spec engines? I've seen 4 stud rear beams for vento's but wondered what engine they were from

Nope, Vento 2.0 had rear discs however it and the cabrios (2.0) stayed 4 stud, all Golf GTI and Vr's were 5 stud.
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 20:07
So does that mean I could do a 2.0l 16v engine conversion to my 1.4 mk3 and retain my 4 stud pattern by using vento breaks?.....I know it's probably the most expensive way to do it but I'm more attached to it than I thought and I have already spend too much on it so why not!
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: Wayne on 28 May 2012, 20:15
So does that mean I could do a 2.0l 16v engine conversion to my 1.4 mk3 and retain my 4 stud pattern by using vento breaks?.....I know it's probably the most expensive way to do it but I'm more attached to it than I thought and I have already spend too much on it so why not!

Yes but you can also use mk2 parts as well.
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 20:29
Which mark 2 parts?
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: Wayne on 28 May 2012, 20:40
Which mark 2 parts?

Rear discs plus I think the 256mm front set up will fit.
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: 67buggers on 28 May 2012, 20:51
Nice one cheers
Title: Re: Rear disc's
Post by: madmanmart on 28 May 2012, 21:39
You can also use 280mm G60 brakes

Those are 4 stud