GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: spudboy6 on 27 May 2012, 17:54
-
Right I'm looking for a suspension part but unsure what there called ,
So your putting a strut together on the front of the car , you have the strut you slide the spring on then you have a metal cup that sits on the top held down by the nut under the top rubber mount . So what's the name of the cup shaped object that basically holds the springs tension and keeps it on .
Thanks guys
-
They are Upper front spring plates
-
Cheers trying to build up my lowering shock springs so I don't have to strip my standard shocks down so I can have two complete sets ...
-
There are two different sizes, so don't get caught out, the early (pre 95) Springs had a bigger pigtail top end, when fitted to the post 95 caps, the springs will slip through, I forget the exact sizes, but if you have ordered a spring kit which is pre 95, make sure you use pre 95 caps, as long as the spring and caps match, either will fit any age of MK3.
-
i ordered a post 94 kit from venom as i have a 96 so ill look out for the later ones
http://www.volksbits.co.uk/servlet/the-8700/Lowering-Spring-top-pair/Detail
thats what im looking for am i correct ? p.s when it states lowering spring .does that mean its meant for lowering kits or is that going to lower the car another few mm ? thanks
-
Yes they lower the car further, i think they add 10mm drop on top of what you have already
Standard ones are fine for lowered shocks, that one you linked to is 94 onwards which is the larger diameter
-
I'm struggling to find later 96 top spring seats that don't lower the car anyone know where I can get them ? Seen loads of rears :(