GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: biddy on 12 May 2012, 19:29

Title: Window
Post by: biddy on 12 May 2012, 19:29
Hi all how can I lower window as motor has stopped and I need to take window out to replace window mechanism
Title: Re: Window
Post by: DUBboi12 on 12 May 2012, 19:32
Well if you are changing the whole regulator and motor you can always cut the top wire on the regulator and then the window will just push down :smiley:
Title: Re: Window
Post by: biddy on 12 May 2012, 19:45
Mine I've done but new mechanism is in closed position as well it's on a breaker and there is no electrics
Title: Re: Window
Post by: trog_nfs on 12 May 2012, 19:47
Undo the bolts holding the regulator to the door, and pull with some force the bottom of the runners towards the centre of the door.

It should pull down the window enough to reach the window retainer bolts.
Title: Re: Window
Post by: DUBboi12 on 12 May 2012, 19:51
Undo the bolts holding the regulator to the door, and pull with some force the bottom of the runners towards the centre of the door.

It should pull down the window enough to reach the window retainer bolts.

Yep this will work too! Still a bit of a pain to get to but you can :smiley:
Title: Re: Window
Post by: biddy on 12 May 2012, 19:56
Cheers guys will try tomorow at least if I break it as its at breakers I won't have to buy it lol
Title: Re: Window
Post by: DUBboi12 on 12 May 2012, 19:59
Cheers guys will try tomorow at least if I break it as its at breakers I won't have to buy it lol

That's true  :grin:
Title: Re: Window
Post by: biddy on 12 May 2012, 20:09
Cheers all