GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: mrsaunders on 11 May 2012, 12:47

Title: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 11 May 2012, 12:47
can't for the life of me get my locking wheel nut off, tried a socket didn't work, my drill didn't even touch it and the garage that will touch near me wants £40-80, so pissed off right now, anyway rant over  :angry:
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: Bellend on 11 May 2012, 12:57
Where are you located?
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 11 May 2012, 13:10
Tonbridge, kent mate
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: Khare on 11 May 2012, 15:35
Irwin extractor sockets. Cost £20 and you'll use them over and over.
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 12 May 2012, 10:25
Just ordered a few, hope this works  :cry:
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: Bellend on 12 May 2012, 18:31
If not I can remove it for you when I get back.
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 28 May 2012, 21:02
Cheers khare worked a treat  :smiley: finally got my new mk3 sitting low, I'll put some pics up soon, how do I get a dub rides thread?
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 22:29
where can i get a set of these extractors for £20?
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 28 May 2012, 23:12
I just bought the size I needed on the Compton website, it got it off  so quick its hard to believe it gave me so much hassle
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: Dan_GTi8v on 28 May 2012, 23:23
dub rides you can start yourself its a sub forum in the vw chat section
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 29 May 2012, 08:34
I ment the project one, sorry
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 19:42
Anybody got the link to the site I can get single Irwin extractor sockets from?
Also as mine is not a bolt head I need to remove its and Allen key headed bolt do I nesure the outside diameter of the head and get a socket about 1mm bigger?
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 30 May 2012, 20:53
I tried everywhere and the only place that would touch it quoted me £49-80, my stud extractor cost me £5
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 30 May 2012, 20:54
any tyre shop will remove lock bolts for a few £££... unless your always loosing keys, the extractors are steep!

this is not my thread. thats already been sorted. iv revived an old thread as somebody said they bought a single socket online and i need one to remove rear caliper carryer bold  :wink:

Google Compton tools
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 20:56
sweet cheers  :wink:
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: mrsaunders on 30 May 2012, 20:57
Actually I think its Cromwell, Der my brain, sorry  :shocked:
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 20:58
i was about to say i cant find anything apart from hoe depo in america  :grin:
Title: Re: FFFING LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 21:04
mate i can not find single irwin extractor sockets anywhere on that site  :undecided:
can only find the set