GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: taztomo58 on 10 May 2012, 18:56
-
I've just got a Mk3 Golf 1997 1.4 and it's got 120k on the clock.
When i brought it the owner didn't have the service book with it an was curious if people knew what should have been done to the car by now? and when the next service should be up due in terms of mileage?
Thanks Harry
-
Oil and filter every 5k or 6 months
Full service every 20k
Air filter, brake fluid and coolant every 2 years regardless of mileage
Cambelt every 60k
-
Cambelt every 60k
I think cambelt is now every 40k or 4 years.
-
Haynes says 60k :smiley:
-
Haynes says 60k :smiley:
I would not trust a cambelt for 60k, I have always gone for every 40k or 4 years.
-
Bout time I had mine done then!
-
Mine to its done almost 70k babys takin all my cash :grin:
-
30 odd quid for a kit, doddle to change, why bother not doing it?
I charge £60 + VAT on 8v, 1.8 and engines below that and £70 on a 16v.
-
Why charge £70 on the 16v? It's still got 1 pulley, so still the same amount of work.
Not picking, juts wondering.
-
Why charge £70 on the 16v? It's still got 1 pulley, so still the same amount of work.
Not picking, juts wondering.
Cause Autodata lists more time for job. There's normally a reason and that's the time/price guide for garages.
-
I see. Strange. The setup is all the same. The only time when you'll spend more time setting it up is if you have to set the cam chains up as well.
-
Did the 16v come with more splash guards, undertrays as standard?
-
No, its the same setup.
-
Probably due to different inlet manifold and air intake.
Some of that needs removing.
-
Same amount of work Len, manifold doesn't need removing. Air intake trumpet needs removing on both 8v and 16v.