GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Willo on 09 May 2012, 21:46
-
Right this is a new problem my 1.4 8 v has developed a problem where she doesn't wanna go very fast seems to be holding back most of the time under load almost seems to be coughing tonight wouldn't go above 65 flat out on the motorway help please slightly concerned :undecided:
-
Could be a number of things, 1st thing I would check is your ECU relay as these like to die from time to time, its located above the fuses and can cause a hole host of issues if faulty.
-
How do I check that ?
-
Have a drive around then touch it to see if its warm if its cold then get a new one
-
Really is it that simple
-
Really is it that simple
Yep it really is :smiley:
-
I'll check on my way home from work tonight and come back and let you know the outcome thank you
-
Have a drive around then touch it to see if its warm if its cold then get a new one
I had one on my valver that was getting too hot, i mean like almost kettle boiling hot & breaking down under the heat, replaced it & the problem went away...
-
It's a 1.4, they don't go fast.
-
Drove home checked all relays I could feel in the fuse box under the dash as not sure which is the ecu relay they were all cold ????????
-
Drove home checked all relays I could feel in the fuse box under the dash as not sure which is the ecu relay they were all cold ????????
Grab yourself a torch or phone light, just above the row of fuses, they're are square shaped plugs, the one with number 30 on it is the ECU one, when they fail they cause juddering and general poor running usually around 3000rpm as the ECU is restricting the revs due to it not getting the correct power supply. If youv got the money you could pick one up fairly cheap from VW which is what I done.. had a brand new car :smiley:
-
Does anyone know the price and part number of the ecu relay as that is going to be my first port of call
-
Part number: 165 906 381
-
I've got a spare one £5 delivered and it yours, got it when I was having problems with my GTI 8v but it wasn't the problem for me. Let me know
-
Is it in good condition mate ?
-
Yes mate it is :smiley: