GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: spikenipple on 07 May 2012, 22:52

Title: Valver speedo...
Post by: spikenipple on 07 May 2012, 22:52
My valver is going in for an MOT tomorrow but the speedo is playing up...it didn't work when I bought the car but was working on a test drive earlier until I hit NSL and then it dropped back to 0mph for the rest of the journey. I'm thinking it's an electrical fault; can anyone tell me where I can find the wiring for the speedo drive?
Mr Haynes tells me the speedo drive is above the final drive on the 'box but there's nothing there  :undecided:

Any help is much appreciated  :cool:
Title: Re: Valver speedo...
Post by: lemski on 08 May 2012, 08:01
Top of gearbox. 10mm bolt holding it in. Undo bolt take out n look if it still has the end on it.