GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: vwgolf182 on 06 May 2012, 12:13
-
has anyone seen or used the performance chips that are on ebay for the 2.0l 8v from the czech republic at around £40??
are they just a waste of money or would you actually see the bhp claims they are making??
cheers
-
Yes, on a 16v.
I was one of the first here to dyno test the before and after. Rubjonny had found a 6hp increase on his, mine had a 9hp increase.
Main graphic is from before the chip. The higher reading (yellowish rather than red) is after.
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/abfdynocopy.jpg)
BEFORE
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/abfdyno.jpg)
AFTER
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/IMG_20120211_154049.jpg)
BEFORE AFR
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/Untitled-12.jpg)
AFTER AFR
(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/kharekatoh/golf%20mk3/IMG_20120211_154106.jpg)
For £40 I paid for mine (is the seller pepeoi?) I'm very happy.
-
yeah its the same guy.
cheers for that, 9 horses int bad is it.
would you reccomend it for the 8v then??
-
If you have a push fit ECU yes, if the chip is soldered on then not. What year is your 8v?
-
1997?
-
That's solder type I'm pretty sure, in which case it's a job for a ECU specialist, which for the price you might as well get a professional remap.
-
what price you looking at for remap and what kind of gains could i expect from that?
-
About the same kind of gains, possibly a bit more as it'll be remapped according to whatever mods you have so it'll be tailored to your car.
Have a look in here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=74.0 (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=74.0)
There's different reputable companies around the UK, some offer mobile services that come to you, but obviously there will be no dyno so it won't be as good.
-
Doubt any chip or remap will see you 9hb on an 8v tbh
-
yeah only way you can do before and after would be to do the test on the very same day with same conditions etc
ever heard of the old saying "Dyno lottery" ?
:smiley:
-
That's solder type I'm pretty sure, in which case it's a job for a ECU specialist, which for the price you might as well get a professional remap.
Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?
-
It should be push fit just like most of the 16v chips are (my 97 16v was) BUT there are several types so it's worth emailing the seller and he'll tell you if his are compatible with your ECU.
-
It should be push fit just like most of the 16v chips are (my 97 16v was) BUT there are several types so it's worth emailing the seller and he'll tell you if his are compatible with your ECU.
That's the best option. You will need to send him your ecu code.
-
Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?
ABF ECUs are all push fit, regardless of whether they are AE, BE or AB type.
-
Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?
ABF ECUs are all push fit, regardless of whether they are AE, BE or AB type.
this brings me happiness & joy!! :grin:
-
Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?
ABF ECUs are all push fit, regardless of whether they are AE, BE or AB type.
Oh really, when I spoke to the seller of the chips albeit quite a while ago I'm sure he mentioned that there was a certain ECU used that wasnt push fit.
-
Oh really, when I spoke to the seller of the chips albeit quite a while ago I'm sure he mentioned that there was a certain ECU used that wasnt push fit.
I've had all 3 types in the past and all were push fit.
Unless the cases had been swapped over?
-
Doubt it. I'm pretty sure all 16v's and early VR6's and early 8v's were push fit.
I think the reason he wants different ECU codes is to program that chip to that ECU code.
-
Yep mine was push fit 97 BE