GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: hill1975 on 06 May 2012, 10:32

Title: Mileage
Post by: hill1975 on 06 May 2012, 10:32
Is there a way of finding out the correct mileage on my golf. Had to change clocks but not too sure if the clocks I took out are the original ones in the first place.
Title: Re: Mileage
Post by: stainesy on 06 May 2012, 10:42
Is there a way of finding out the correct mileage on my golf. Had to change clocks but not too sure if the clocks I took out are the original ones in the first place.

can get a rough idea by looking at the paperwork with the car. think its on the mot aint it.
Title: Re: Mileage
Post by: hill1975 on 06 May 2012, 10:47
Yeah think so. Just that I'm sure someone's put VR6 clocks in it at some stage, and I got no paperwork or anything regarding the clocks so not sure if it's correct.

Cheers though!  :smiley:
Title: Re: Mileage
Post by: Leon27 on 06 May 2012, 11:58

Stainesy is right with the MOT's and you can check the history online

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

Goes back to 2005 only though
Title: Re: Mileage
Post by: leigh_harty on 06 May 2012, 12:59
Yeah think so. Just that I'm sure someone's put VR6 clocks in it at some stage, and I got no paperwork or anything regarding the clocks so not sure if it's correct.

Cheers though!  :smiley:

You say that like your car isn't a vr?
Title: Re: Mileage
Post by: hill1975 on 06 May 2012, 14:26
No it's not, it's a 16v but I'm guessing someone has put VR6 clocks in it at some point. Got some 16v clocks and put them in yesterday and now the rev counter shows the correct rpm!  :smiley: