GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Reasty on 05 May 2012, 14:15

Title: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: Reasty on 05 May 2012, 14:15
ok is it me or is the rear wiper system on a mk3 reallllly! stupid,turning it on is not a problem it's getting the damn thing to stop wiping without triggering the rear wash!!!! it would seem you have to push the stalk 3 times in quick succession to switch the damn thing off which then triggers the rear wash,it's not a massive problem but is a little annoying  :grin:
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: Luke1981 on 05 May 2012, 14:17
Yup, pain in the arse! I removed mine and blanked the hole!
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: sharki786 on 05 May 2012, 14:17
not realy, mine is just 1 quick push to turn it on and if i dont push it back again it will wipe every few seconds.
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: Gavv8 on 05 May 2012, 14:17
It is an annoying system but i only have to touch mine quite gently to switch it off.
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: gizmomk3 on 05 May 2012, 14:24
Taking mine off soon right pain pluses I never use it
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: Gash on 05 May 2012, 14:45
whats a rear wiper?
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: DUBboi12 on 05 May 2012, 16:31
I've taken mine off :smiley: don't need it
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: search on 05 May 2012, 16:49
mines off and i was tempted to keep the washer jet thing poking out the hole to squirt people when they cross behind my car lol.
Title: Re: Mk3 rear wipe
Post by: stainesy on 05 May 2012, 16:56
I was looking at Myra wiper today as I am going to remove and blank it like I did on my other mk3s.
This one seems to be diferant to my others though as the water jet is on the wiper arm itself at the bottom. Never seen this on a mk3 before. Is it what the early mk3's had?