GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Bandit127 on 04 May 2012, 19:01

Title: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: Bandit127 on 04 May 2012, 19:01
Call me old (I am - 50 on Sunday). And call me considerate - I am not putting HIDs in to my old reflector headlights.

And call me old again - my GTi is completely original and I want to keep it that way.

With all that - what bulbs do you reckon are the brightest I can use to light my way?
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: Screech16v on 04 May 2012, 19:19
osram nightbreakers me old codge  :smiley:
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: search on 04 May 2012, 19:51
led running lights at the bottom. lol
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: Bandit127 on 04 May 2012, 19:57
led running lights at the bottom. lol
While posey and good looking - not original so no deal for mine.

According to the advice of some whippersnapper named Screech with twice as many valves as me, I ordered some Nightbreaker Plus off Amazon for £12.29 the pair delivered.
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: Screech16v on 04 May 2012, 20:23
Ha wish i was a whippersnapper ,im only 15 years behind you lol
Not sure if theres a guide on here or how good you are at wiring but apparantly the lighting loom on these is a mile long and sufferers from a bit of voltage drop,if you want to get max power to your new bulbs its worth doing the relay mod  :wink:
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: kahunajb on 04 May 2012, 20:27
Osram nightbreakers are quality, you should be ok with them.... and happy birthday for Sunday.  :smiley:
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: gasketface on 04 May 2012, 20:34
Hi Bandit 127.I am nearly same age and in same town.2 old(ish) farts in the same area can with same cars can only be a good thing.

Your not gonna turbo it or slam it then ???  :laugh: :grin: :smiley:

If you see me around and wonder if it's "that bloke on the forum" my plate will make you think of Porsche !.
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: kodkod.84 on 04 May 2012, 23:21
Vote for Philips X-treme,(prob very similar to the Osrams)
 put these in the other week and they're ace. Also blue vision side bulbs look better than the standard yellowly ones.
Title: Re: Brighter standard headlights
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 05 May 2012, 09:36
I use Philips X-treme in mine but wouldn't hesitate to fit Osram nightbreakers plus either. In various reviews and tests they basically came out the best and with very similar results.