GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gasketface on 02 May 2012, 14:28

Title: part number question.
Post by: gasketface on 02 May 2012, 14:28
Hi all.Does anyone know of a place where i can find out if a certain part number is an alternative to mine ?.

The problem i have is i need an uncracked exhaust manifold for a mk3 16v.My part number is 027253033BF.Iv'e found one with no cracks off a mk2 16v but the part number is 027253033AB.

I'm wondering if it's the same and if not what are the differences/could it be made to fit.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.Thanks.
Title: Re: part number question.
Post by: Dogbot on 02 May 2012, 14:36
I believe that the abf is taller than the mk2 16v... however i too would be interested to know if its usable...
Title: Re: part number question.
Post by: Wayne on 02 May 2012, 16:51
I am sure mk2 is different, better to find one form an ABF
Title: Re: part number question.
Post by: gasketface on 02 May 2012, 19:25
This one is off a mk2 but has the same part number as my mk3 one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140579929855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Seller tells me they are the same.???
Title: Re: part number question.
Post by: Dogbot on 02 May 2012, 22:58
Well as the part numbers are the same I stand correct, seems it may be worth a punt!!
Title: Re: part number question.
Post by: Wayne on 03 May 2012, 00:04
This one is off a mk2 but has the same part number as my mk3 one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140579929855?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Seller tells me they are the same.???

That is not one from a KR lump, looks like a later Corrado one (I think that will fit, apart from the fact it is also cracked)

This a mk2 1.8 16v one (KR engine code)

(http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p51/jmfangio5/KGrHqFHJDkE9BB-Er9BPicKuFPrQ60_12.jpg)