GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: leigh_harty on 28 April 2012, 18:58

Title: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: leigh_harty on 28 April 2012, 18:58
You know who this is aimed at!

Too much work for you? :grin:

(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/leigh_harty/023671a7.jpg)

(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/leigh_harty/4f6e4ae3.jpg)

(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/leigh_harty/620c36df.jpg)
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: stainesy on 28 April 2012, 19:05
 :grin:
Cheers mate and yes I defo want them.
Let me sort some funds out and if you still have them in a week or so I want them  :grin:
Going to have to get some bigger wheel arch extensions.  :cool:
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: leigh_harty on 28 April 2012, 19:13
Haha they wont be an easy fit but thats clearly obvious  :evil: Will be worth the effort though.

I'll try and snap a front wheel shot tomorrow to see how they fit as they are the 'not so 9" wide ones  :laugh: :grin:
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: stainesy on 28 April 2012, 19:22
Yeah would be good to see what they are like lock to lock when turning.
I'm thinking trim wheel arches and re-strengthen them then wheel arch extensions as don't think a flair will go out that far.
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: Gash on 28 April 2012, 20:36
you know i should have these because of my arches are already done for wide wheels ;)
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: stainesy on 28 April 2012, 21:31
you know i should have these because of my arches are already done for wide wheels ;)

what have you done to your arches mate?
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: Gash on 28 April 2012, 21:58
il say now man not to dishearten you but theres alot of work involved.
going from et38 to -34et there was indeed need of arch work..

before..
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/430742_379321732085686_344610498890143_1443461_1160413343_n.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMG_9570.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/_MG_9494.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/_MG_9496.jpg)

during
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0539.jpg)

after
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0541-1.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0542.jpg)

just need to add slight camber and its done!

if you dont get them or dont want to have the hassle of the work il take them!
to leigh, i did try replying to your pm but didnt work for some reason!
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: leigh_harty on 28 April 2012, 22:28
Yeah a lot of work will be involved so you would have to be 100% sure.

I know I'm happy to do the work involved but in the past week I've bought piston rings, 12 big ends, various bearings, crank seals... Along with headbolts and waiting on a 4mo mls head gasket. So you could see why I could let them go  :cry:
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: stainesy on 28 April 2012, 23:54
il say now man not to dishearten you but theres alot of work involved.
going from et38 to -34et there was indeed need of arch work..

before..
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/430742_379321732085686_344610498890143_1443461_1160413343_n.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMG_9570.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/_MG_9494.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/_MG_9496.jpg)

during
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0539.jpg)

after
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0541-1.jpg)
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/M70REL/IMAG0542.jpg)

just need to add slight camber and its done!

if you dont get them or dont want to have the hassle of the work il take them!
to leigh, i did try replying to your pm but didnt work for some reason!

They are bigger than 15" ain't they mate?
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: Gash on 28 April 2012, 23:59
nope 15x8
maybe just the tyre is a bit big plus im on air now.
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: Wayne on 29 April 2012, 00:02
Bonkers, tucked wheels ftw.
Title: Re: Stupid wide wheels
Post by: stainesy on 29 April 2012, 00:51
I loving the mega poke look. If gash wants them sell them mate as I can get some supplied and banded for £350 to any size on eBay so I am getting it done.  :grin: