GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 27 April 2012, 13:48

Title: Oil light flashing
Post by: stainesy on 27 April 2012, 13:48
Ok probly stupid question but is it normal for the oil light to flash when ignition is on but to go out as normal when you start the car?
I can't remember if my last mk3s did this or not.
Title: Re: Oil light flashing
Post by: negawsklov on 27 April 2012, 13:53
Just checked the wifes and it never did it.. but then again the car battery is in the garage charging up..  Probably not alot of help to you really.....    :smiley:
Title: Re: Oil light flashing
Post by: javalin on 27 April 2012, 13:58
My (8v) comes on (no oil pressure) but doesn't flash.

I think the flashing is "really no oil pressure" alarm?  Its a two stage alarm (I think), and I think it buzzes as well, when its critical?

??

J
Title: Re: Oil light flashing
Post by: trog_nfs on 27 April 2012, 14:01
Mine comes on with the ignition, flashes once when I start the car then goes off. My old 1.4 always did the same.
Title: Re: Oil light flashing
Post by: stainesy on 27 April 2012, 14:22
On mine if I turn the ignition on the oil light just keeps flashing. Then when I start the car it goes off.
Title: Re: Oil light flashing
Post by: Rmachines on 27 April 2012, 14:45
The early type dash was diffrent, they would flash sometimes,  where as none of the later ones did unless it was low pressure or another non start fault.  I have never noticed if ALL the older dial moduls did it, but i know a few of mine did,  but i have never seen a new style module doing it unless its been cranked for a while.  On constantly is self test, flashing is oil pressure,  possibly the early type just didnt have the self test stage.