GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Dan_GTi8v on 25 April 2012, 13:41
-
Fitting a dab aerial and looking for a decent ignition live to run it from, I have my battery and amp in the boot so thinking I could run it from the amp live from the battery. The amp is only live on ignition due to its remote lead but the live feed comes directly from the battery, so if I powered my aerial from the same live would it be ignition live or permanent live? Also if permanent how long would it take an aerial to drain the battery?
cheers
-
Permanent live from the amp feed. Its only the remote cable that stops the amp being on all the time.
How much power does the DAB ariel need?
-
How much power does the DAB ariel need?
No idea :P
is there anywhere in the boot I could get an ignition live from?
-
should be something in the tailight cluster perhaps?
-
not sure my brake lights at least work with no keys, not sure if thats right or not either tbh, might just run a wire to the fusebox save f**king about looking for ignition lives
-
Does your head unit not have an electric aerial feed (tends to be the blue wire) if so just use that.