GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: jbh-sn on 22 April 2012, 19:32

Title: Golf GTI 16v mk3 2L 1994 Internal fans/blowers
Post by: jbh-sn on 22 April 2012, 19:32
Hi guys,

For some reason, I started driving the other day, switched my blowers on and.. nothing...
I have checked the fuse and that's fine - I know it could be a number of things, but just wondering if there's anything common some watchful person picked up on before I start looking further??
Thanks!
Title: Re: Golf GTI 16v mk3 2L 1994 Internal fans/blowers
Post by: sharki786 on 22 April 2012, 19:50
check the actual blower on the passangers side under the dash
Title: Re: Golf GTI 16v mk3 2L 1994 Internal fans/blowers
Post by: F17BAD on 22 April 2012, 19:55
try changing the resistor

located under passenger side dash, easy to do

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-VW-Heater-Resistor-Golf-Mk3-Polo-Caddy-Vento-BRAND-NEW-/110860958447?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cfd3faef#ht_500wt_922
Title: Re: Golf GTI 16v mk3 2L 1994 Internal fans/blowers
Post by: Khare on 22 April 2012, 20:03
Yeah resistor is the most likely culprit. Put it on speed 4, if it works then it's the resistor.
Title: Re: Golf GTI 16v mk3 2L 1994 Internal fans/blowers
Post by: jbh-sn on 23 April 2012, 18:13
Thanks guys, I will check the actual blower, I don't think its the resistor, as it doesn't work on any speed - including 4