GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: off_the_cuff on 19 April 2012, 16:32
-
so i've been doing a bit of searching today to see why my cars getting a spark and fuel but not firing, all my earths are fine apart from this 1, any1 know what its for and if its important? was tucked down behind scuttle panel :S
(http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/off_the_cuff/DSCF0371.jpg)
-
yup.......
goes to the bonnet hinge.... almost every mk3 i've seen its either broken or missing.....
-
is it an important earth?
-
err....... mine was broke so i threw it in the bin.....
i dont think it is as mine runs just fine without it,
but im prepared to get flamed for being wrong......
-
Yeah i ditched mine also,i cant really see a need for it why earth body to body.I may also be wrong unless its got something to do with the heated washer jets?
-
is there any other earths to check? apart from under battery and front of engine?
-
The bonnet to body earth is there to reduce static noise through your radio I beleive, so not that important.
-
Correct its just a bonnet earth strap, it always corrodes and snaps mostly at bonnet end, not really needed anyway so remove and forget it :wink:
-
Is it not for the heated washers then ?.
-
should i check anywhere else?
-
I had a VR6 with heated washers and that didn't have the earth strap fitted :wink:
edit: just to add that as far as I remember the heated washers wiring loom has its own earth
-
Is it not for the heated washers then ?.
Nope, they have two wires to each washer jet.
-
any other 1s i should check?
-
Bonnet to body earth mine was missing when I got mine but have a new one now made no diffrence