GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: jiminbmth on 18 April 2012, 14:16

Title: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 18 April 2012, 14:16
has anyone made a mk3 golf trailer?
thinkin bout cutting the front off one and plating up  :evil:
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 18 April 2012, 15:16
It has been done as I saw one in a magazine article, I think the picture was taken at Essen in Germany. I've never seen a mk3 trailer in the flesh though. Just mk2's...
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: murraymint on 18 April 2012, 19:01
I saw one at van west last year. Just looked like half a mk3.....
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 18 April 2012, 21:00
(http://www.bandedsteels.com/Banded%20Steels/Banded%20Trailer.jpg)

(http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI5AVuz94NQEFKYFL2X2KeP6xafLBbJt0aYS9JdCXkYXluuOwO36QFUZcGkw)

Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: shelaghmk3gti on 18 April 2012, 21:06
would that need tax and insurance then?? it may sound like a stupid Q but i seriously dont know and if not why not
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 18 April 2012, 23:45
No,its just a trailer,it is controlled totally buy the car towing it...... :laugh:
Wanted the front,just windscreen forward,then put red lights in quad hellas! :cool:
Need the space as the cabbys seriously lacking space!  :sa
So if you gunna use a trailer occasionally for touring ,why not a mk3 golf trailer,was gunna use a mk2 or mk4 as thats all they are good for,but then again,its alot of work for it to look crap!!!  :tongue:
 :laugh:
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 18 April 2012, 23:53
(http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/jiminbmth/imagesqtbnANd9GcRbDfrGQ00Cdb8CFT3scTQVl-1nWOj1sbPRJy7bbW8On04D34eOWw.jpg)
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 19 April 2012, 00:01
(http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/jiminbmth/imagesqtbnANd9GcRRK9vhbHoYrF1mHA-HLo4AJggeD4D_9jfdFdEO-VnM0jgdJAva.jpg)
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: gizmomk3 on 19 April 2012, 00:36
I'm maybe a lot of work but done right thay look mint I was looking to make one for camping out of a mk5 Astra van bit can not find or afford to do so.
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: Diamond Hell on 19 April 2012, 08:41
Car-based trailers are generally a bad idea as you need the load balanced to only put 50-60kg on the hitch.  Looking at most of those you could probably put f*ck all in them before you wound up with something bloody dangerous.
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 19 April 2012, 09:27
unlike the one i have pictured,only want windscreen forward,hardly no weight at all,but yer point taken,I would obviously keep weight to an absolute minimum!
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 19 April 2012, 10:08
Surely using the rear end / axle has got to be safer, lighter and generally more trailer like though?
Title: Re: mk3 trailer
Post by: jiminbmth on 19 April 2012, 10:38
Want the front end! rear looks @hit when halved, spose I could use the back of another cabby  :undecided: