GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: leigh_harty on 31 March 2012, 09:45

Title: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: leigh_harty on 31 March 2012, 09:45
How do I remove them? Just a case of long nose pliers and a good yank?

Also refitting new ones, how do I go about this job properly?

Many thanks, Leigh.
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: Wayne on 31 March 2012, 10:36
How do I remove them? Just a case of long nose pliers and a good yank?

Yes, they should just pull off.


Also refitting new ones, how do I go about this job properly?

The new ones should have a sleeve that goes over the top of the valve so that when you slide the seal down over it does not get damaged.
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: leigh_harty on 31 March 2012, 10:40
Cheers Wayne, I'll find something flat and tap them on gently.

Old vs new

(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/leigh_harty/8dc475ba.jpg)
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: Wayne on 31 March 2012, 22:10
They look fooked :shocked:
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: leigh_harty on 31 March 2012, 22:52
They look fooked :shocked:

I bent them with the pliers but they are regardless lol

Got them all on and the patience testing task of fitting all the collets on the top of valves  :smiley:
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: Screech16v on 01 April 2012, 00:09
Use a bit of grease to hold the collets in place while you release the spring  :wink:
Title: Re: Vr6 stem seals
Post by: leigh_harty on 01 April 2012, 00:24
Aye, I quickly learnt that  :grin: