GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: craig180 on 28 March 2012, 15:18
-
Please someone give me a really simple answer to my problem.
Since buying my mk3 GTi the front drivers window hasn't worked. I've dismantled the door card and checked what I can. The switch works as I can hear a click inside the door but there is nothing! Is it/could it be as simple as a knackered motor or is there anything else I should be checking for???
-
Sounds like the mech to me mate. Snapped wire or pulley. Motor Will be fine.
-
could be the wiring between the door and the car. Common cause of failures is broken or breaking wire in the bellows.
Lots of stuff on my blog from last summer relates.
-
Cheers guys.
Did look through your blog javalin.
It's weird. It's getting power as I can hear the solenoid in the motor clicking but doing nothing else
-
Deffo need a new regulator mate,remove the motor, plug it back in then try the switch :smiley:
-
or the motor is jammed. Just tap it with a hammer (just like a starter motor) happened to me a few years back. Hit it with a hammer and get someone to keep pressing the button down. And eventualy it will free. Or you can replace the motor shouldnt cost more then 20.