GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: Dave_Cumbria on 14 March 2011, 14:14

Title: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: Dave_Cumbria on 14 March 2011, 14:14
Ive got an AUM engine and the charge pipe keeps popping off (as per normal) so Ive got a 2nd hand AGU charge pipe and hose to fit. Im wanting the mikalor clamps if thats possible, anyone know the sizes I should be ordering and where from?

Thanks for any help,


Dave
Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: Imteyaz on 14 March 2011, 20:23
I don't know where to get the Mikalor clamps but I did the same mods on my A3 (AUM) and managed using decent jubilee clips and it's been absolutely fine.

Clean the surfaces before slipping the hose over the metal pipe and tighten the jubilee clips up well, jobs a goodun'.

Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: golf-sib on 14 March 2011, 21:15
silicone vs metal surface = hardly any friction, most tuners will spray hair spray on silicone and pipe to make the surface much more grippey, plus hair spray residue and fumes will not damage engine in anyway.

As for the charge pipe, I am assuming you mean the TIP (turbo inlet pipe), if memory serves me well its diameter is 50mm on the k03/s turbo.
Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: Big Tone on 15 March 2011, 17:12
Charge pipe to pancake connection I think is 2.5", maybe 2.25", this is once the "flared" end has been removed.

Jubilee clips (4 off) hold fine for me, aint removed it since (touch wood!)

That O ring is SH*T!
Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: golf-sib on 15 March 2011, 18:00
Pancake pipes a interesting, as the pipe that goes to the pan cakes is about 55cm, other side of pancake where it is joining to SMIC is 60mm (same size as TB if memory serves me well)
Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: Dave_Cumbria on 15 March 2011, 19:03
Cheers Fellas, I`ll wait til the pipe and hose arrive before getting the clips, saves me looking a tool if I get the wrong ones.

Thanks for all the help and PM advice too :)


Dave
Title: Re: AGU charge pipe question
Post by: Dave_Cumbria on 19 March 2011, 18:20
Fiddly job but completed successfully :)

All my horses are back finally

Thanks for everybody's help on here and via PM


Dave