GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: emery1990 on 06 November 2010, 12:07
-
A few weeks ago I noticed my rear window steaming up ( My cars been sored for about 3 months now) Could the rubber have broken down and caused a loss of seal, or is due to a blockage of some sort, I have removed all the leaves etc but its still doing it, am I best off just getting a new seal for it?
-
From what I've read, the seals around the rear light clusters can shrink/fail with age. If you have wet patches in the boot corners, this could be the problem.
Do a search as I've not had this problem myself, but short of getting new ones, you could uses a bit of silicone sealant around the units.
Jonathan.
-
Thanks John, saying that it is wet in the left hand corner, but thought it was as ive got a weird rust hole there and my cars on stands, but more likely to be a broken seal! Ill get a silicone gun onto it :cool:
-
If you do decide to replace the cluster gaskets which is recommended then be carefull when you do the 8mm nuts back up as the studs on the back off the clusters that they screw onto can shear off if you over tighten them :wink:
-
It might be worth taking the plinth off the boot to check the gaskets on the reg lights and boot lock.