GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Neo Badness on 02 November 2010, 23:14

Title: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: Neo Badness on 02 November 2010, 23:14
Right, was attempting to swap out my ARB for the new one and bushes etc I bought.

Unfortunately first 13mm bolt I attempted to take off snapped. Oh cock.
I now have to get the car high enough to to get a drill in to drill out the old bolt :rolleyes:

Will purchase some plusgas for the rest of them as WD40 isn't cutting it.

Anybody know where I can get a suitable replacement 13mm High Tensile Bolt or a part number?

I also was thinking that I'd buy the 20mm bolts whilst I was at it.

Cheers in advance

NB
Title: Re: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: jeremybarker on 02 November 2010, 23:27
There's nothing worse than thinking it'll turn in a second, bit more pressure, snap.....

Good luck sorting it out.
Title: Re: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: Diamond Hell on 02 November 2010, 23:39
You and your car are in Scotland.

You're f*cked. 

Come down south and buy a less-rotten replacement.

We have less salt.  :grin:
Title: Re: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: jeremybarker on 02 November 2010, 23:41
That's only because we normally run out of salt within the first week of snow.
Title: Re: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: clipperjay on 02 November 2010, 23:50
Oh snap! But true  :sad: (Two part joke clever non)  :laugh:
Title: Re: In the words of James May, Oh C*ck...
Post by: Neo Badness on 03 November 2010, 10:26
Yeah, underside of the car looks a bit like the " the search for the titanic".

found this

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=retrieveTfg&binCount=52&Nr=AND%28avl%3Auk%2CsearchDiscon_uk%3AN%29&N=4294962430+4294955562+4294832781&binCount=85

and this so for

http://www.namrick.co.uk/acatalog/Home_Metric_HT_Hex_Head_Bolts_25.html

and this :grin:

http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic.cfm

Anybody know how long these bolts are so I can order the right length?