GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: dubber36 on 30 October 2010, 20:32

Title: Split rear seat question
Post by: dubber36 on 30 October 2010, 20:32
Are non GTI rear seats the same as GTI ones?

I'm thinking of buying a 60-40 split rear and trimming it in rainbow cloth, but not sure if it is as straight forward as all that.

Anyone done it?
Title: Re: Split rear seat question
Post by: Haribo! on 30 October 2010, 20:39
any mk2 rear seats will fit any mk2,

depending on what you have in there now you might need extra screws and screw covers.

Title: Re: Split rear seat question
Post by: dubber36 on 30 October 2010, 20:47
Thanks, but it was more the shape of them I was thinking about.
Title: Re: Split rear seat question
Post by: clipperjay on 30 October 2010, 21:06
Errr mines 60/40 split Rainbow, but I'm sticking 50/50 because its in better nick plus my ride will not be carrying anything long to use the 60/40 split. Both fit perfectly though?
Title: Re: Split rear seat question
Post by: Haribo! on 30 October 2010, 22:50
Thanks, but it was more the shape of them I was thinking about.

Yeh I re-read it, I dont think they are the same.
Title: Re: Split rear seat question
Post by: rubjonny on 01 November 2010, 09:21
gti/non-gti seats are the same shape, just the fabrtic that differs. obviously a split fold bench is different to non-split. to retrim a split-fold bench with non-split fabric tyou would need a bit spare to do the job properly as obv you wont have enough fabric to go in the gaps etc