GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: HuwMk2 on 26 October 2010, 19:47

Title: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: HuwMk2 on 26 October 2010, 19:47
Hi all. I am about to purchase an Edition One Recaro interior. I am a little bit worried about the old saying 'Blue and Green should never be seen!'. Do you think the Recaros will look ok in the car??? Cheers, Huw.
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: popleyruss on 26 October 2010, 20:37
No they won't look good you should sell them to me  instead haha
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: clipperjay on 26 October 2010, 20:52
Sounds like peer pressure to put them in your car fella?
I didn't for one reason the weight of them apart from that they look solid and hug you around corners well?
Depends if YOU are going to be happy. I personally would go custom if it bothered me that much and get custom leather that suits your tastes  :wink:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: mwep201081 on 26 October 2010, 20:58
the likes of Gok Wan say blue and green should never be seen.....

I say just get them already
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: emery1990 on 26 October 2010, 21:00
Buy them then trim them, tongue twister there! will cost a fortune though!
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: Mr Blue on 26 October 2010, 21:10
will be fine mate. Seen it done before and wasnt as bad as it sounds. If they are mint and a decent price then you can always sell them on.

Dont go down the leather route. :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: emery1990 on 26 October 2010, 21:11
Mine are leather, I want them half leather though old school material then leather side arms, just too hot in summer and too cold in winter lol!
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: clipperjay on 26 October 2010, 21:14
will be fine mate. Seen it done before and wasnt as bad as it sounds. If they are mint and a decent price then you can always sell them on.

Dont go down the leather route. :lipsrsealed:

Depends on what type of leather sir  :kiss:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: Mr Blue on 26 October 2010, 21:19
Leather retrims do look nice but you slide around all over the place in a corner. Recaro's are just as bad in leather trim :grin:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: Wayne on 26 October 2010, 21:20
Will be fine, go for it.
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: gibby on 26 October 2010, 21:50
I always thought it was red and green that should never be seen. :huh:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: beechymonza on 26 October 2010, 22:14
I always thought it was, Once youve had Black theres no goin back, Well thats what my old girlfriend said  :laugh:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: dan_apps on 26 October 2010, 22:16
flip worrying about it they are recaros.....mmmmmmmmm recaros!

(http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r313/blue_cookiemonster_bucket/homer-drool-702026.gif)
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: clipperjay on 26 October 2010, 22:29
Edition One Recaro's wrapped in Rallye cloth and half leather now thats mmmmmmmmmmm pork chop!
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: X4MGS on 27 October 2010, 04:06
Should be fine... Oak Green is nearly Black.... Seats are quiet Dark too...

It's not like it's a Light Green & a Light Blue...

But to me it wouldn't matter as I would never go back to standard seats.... :grin:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: Organisys on 27 October 2010, 12:18
Do it but retrim them in dark grey cloth.
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: jv on 27 October 2010, 12:20
I always thought it was red and green that should never be seen. :huh:

jv looks at your avatar and laughs even more than usual :grin:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: Agreeable Slick on 27 October 2010, 12:23
I always thought it was red and green that should never be seen. :huh:

jv looks at your avatar and laughs even more than usual :grin:

Talking of which, you also had a red rallye, a green rivage, and an even greener bay window.

You just break all dem rulez!
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: gibby on 27 October 2010, 12:51
I always thought it was red and green that should never be seen. :huh:

jv looks at your avatar and laughs even more than usual :grin:

Talking of which, you also had a red rallye, a green rivage, and an even greener bay window.

You just break all dem rulez!

ha ha, yeah, what can I say. See passed the avatar jv and instead concentrate on the wording below, makes much better reading. :tongue: Anyway, isn't the saying red and green should never be seen except upon a beauty queen ? .......I'm not making this any better for myself am I ! :grin:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: dubber36 on 27 October 2010, 12:54
See passed the avatar jv and instead concentrate on the wording below, makes much better reading. 

But as I have to point out to a bloke that I know who keeps banging on about 5 times, We have 3...so far.  :smug:
Title: Re: Blue Edition One Recaros in an Oak Green???
Post by: jv on 27 October 2010, 13:47
back vaguely on topic, i reckon blue ed1 recaro's do just work in an oak green as long as the material is still nice and dark and not all faded :)