GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: JC on 25 October 2010, 20:12

Title: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 25 October 2010, 20:12
 i aint seen many about  :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-/150509006836?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item230b092ff4#ht_500wt_1156

thanks
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: Wayne on 25 October 2010, 20:17
Yep harder to find in Silver.
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: Diamond Hell on 25 October 2010, 23:25
Although mine's not a GTI it's that silver and that means I've been looking for them in that colour for about six years now.

Ain't seen many.

Oak greens, on the other hand..... common as muck.
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 26 October 2010, 11:53
yeah, was surprised when I saw the colour - its what caught my attention so to speak  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: Horney on 26 October 2010, 12:31
Great colour and deffo not common.

Nick
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 26 October 2010, 16:19
no V5  :cry: aint going to newquay without that  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: Lewy on 26 October 2010, 16:22
No sense of adventure, no V5 means £200 off.

Just do an HPI before you commit.
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 26 October 2010, 17:52
no adventure cos no V5 or MOT  :tongue:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: jv on 26 October 2010, 18:03
genuinely rare mk2 colour (especially on big bumper ones), always thought it was odd that such a 'normal' colour was used so little, then done to death later on the mk4's. fashion i guess innit.

it's always good to remind slimmed mk2 just how good his car looked waaaay back when...

(http://golfgti.co.uk/pageimages/vwaction04/42.jpg)
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 26 October 2010, 18:09
i haz found a silver big bumper one too, but its been resprayed after hidious vents fitted in wing  n bonnet  :sick:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: jmsheahan on 26 October 2010, 18:33
You looking at getting another mk2 Chuff? Or just browsing?  :cool:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: JC on 26 October 2010, 18:35
general browsing with a view to being sensible  :grin:
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: walchy01 on 26 October 2010, 19:41
Quentin Wilson once owned the car if that does it any favours and it's the same car as this....

120637576827
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: ramps on 26 October 2010, 22:37
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: vr6 south on 27 October 2010, 12:53
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!
I have a silver one too. Small bumper, 3 door, one owner from new with 80k genuine miles with full VAG s/h. I guess it must be V rare :)
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: earlymk2 on 27 October 2010, 13:11
Mine is silver too, didnt think it was rare!! Thought it was rarer cos its a type 19 and a 5 door.
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: weazgti on 27 October 2010, 17:34
I got a sort of light gold one but on the log book it says silver.
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: ramps on 27 October 2010, 20:19
I have a silver one, I was gunna paint it matt black, might not bother now!
I have a silver one too. Small bumper, 3 door, one owner from new with 80k genuine miles with full VAG s/h. I guess it must be V rare :)

mines a 90spec 3 door, paint is shabby no history, bit of a dog to be honest but I wanted a golf so bad haha
Title: Re: Are silver ones rare
Post by: Neo Badness on 27 October 2010, 23:27
Seems silver is common as muck too :grin:

Spotted a silver one owner car car near me 1985 3dr fsh 80k on the clock ad says needs TLC, which we all know means truck loads of cash.

Still want it badly though. That way I'd have an early OEM one and a late modified one :cool: