GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: nobbys69 on 24 October 2010, 17:51

Title: fuel tank straps
Post by: nobbys69 on 24 October 2010, 17:51
Any one know where i can get some fuel tank straps for a mk2 golf gti 16v. Mine are in need of a change.
Title: Re: fuel tank straps
Post by: clipperjay on 24 October 2010, 17:59
Vw Heritage/ bigboys toys do them for about £30 I think? Other wise VAG do them for about £50
Title: Re: fuel tank straps
Post by: rubjonny on 25 October 2010, 10:46
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies
Title: Re: fuel tank straps
Post by: Ben Lessani on 26 October 2010, 13:01
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies

If only I'd known that in the 2 hours before my MOT! I spent a little while wrestling and shaping some thick stainless steel sheet to tide me over the MOT

(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/17042010119.jpg)
Title: Re: fuel tank straps
Post by: Neo Badness on 27 October 2010, 23:54
mk3 golf ones fit, plentiful in scrappies

If only I'd known that in the 2 hours before my MOT! I spent a little while wrestling and shaping some thick stainless steel sheet to tide me over the MOT

(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/17042010119.jpg)

Good effort Ben, circumstance being the mother of invention.  :grin:

Was under the back of the car tonight think I will invest in some too. Don't fancy my chances of getting the old bolts out though. :undecided: