GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: vwgti16v on 20 October 2010, 22:50
-
Hi Lads
Just looking for a bit of help I just bought a 16v kr mk2 last week.
My temp gauge doesnt work.BUT WHEN I CLUTCH THE CAR TO SLOW DOWN OR WHEN THE CAR IS IDLE THE REVS GO UP , MORE THAN NORMAL.
ITS IDLING AT APPROX 1400RPM WHEN IN TRAFFIC,
I have a feeling it maybe the coolant temp sender but any suggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance
-
dash temp sensor is seperate to the ecu and isv ones, so that isnt linked. tghe temp sensors are on the side of the head, 3 single pin units with a black collar.
red/yel - dash
blue/white - ecu
green/red - isv control unit
check the idle swithc clicks when the throttle closes, and mkae surte the upper throttle linkage isnt sticky. if it is undo top 13mm nut and clean + regrease it. when putting back together be carefull not to get the spring caught between the plastic bushes as it'll be sticky again. if switch doesnt click make sure throttle cable isnt too tight, if thats ok adjust the idle switch so it clicks just as throttle shuts
-
cheers mate thats great help, just 4got to mention that when I slow down the revs dont drop below 1000rpm (i.e) slowing down to go over a speed ramp the car will keep driving even do I dont have my foot on any pedals, is this problem linked?
cheers
-
yeah sort the idle issue out and that'll sort the other problem. could be sticky throttle cable too, they can fray and stick. new cable is cheap and easy to fix, makes a world of difference to the feel of the car too :)