GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 09:51

Title: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 09:51
Got up this morning, looked out of the window at my car as usual, all looked ok, until I noticed a CD which I know was in my car on the ground next to it........went straight downstairs and out the front door to find some thieveing f*cker has broken into my car and done all sorts of damage.

From the looks of it, they've put a metal bar of some sort and tried to force the back passenger door, which has popped and broken the glass, so they've put their arm through to unlock it. Left 3 doors unlocked in total (all apart from drivers side rear). At some point before then, they did try to get something up the inside of the passenger side front lock but they obviously gave up and thought brute force would provail, it did.

So a damaged lock, bent out door, and smashed window later they've let themselves in, ripped all of the heater controls out to get to the CD player, pulled that all out, emptied the contents of the glove box on the seat, ripped the fuse cover off, ripped all the ignition cover off and it's just a total mess inside.

Obviously not content with stealing the CD player they tried to have the whole car away but couldn't, so we're obviously talking some sort of f*cking moron here.

Now in desperate need of an alarm (with battery backup), to stop these f*ckers coming back!! They didn't even steal anything!!! So they must have been disturbed trying to have the car away.

Pics.......
(http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/bigukg/DSC03086.jpg)

(http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/bigukg/DSC03083.jpg)

(http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/bigukg/DSC03084.jpg)

Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: X4MGS on 20 October 2010, 10:30
What tossers.... String them up by thier balls....

At least they didn't nick the car!!

Sure the rest can be sorted... without too much agro!! I Know thats not the point... But!!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: Haribo! on 20 October 2010, 10:38
Fcuks sake, I hate the world sometimes.

I hope it doesn't cost too much time and money to sort this out man.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: Phil1980 on 20 October 2010, 11:06
That sucks, hope you get it all sorted soon.   :wink:
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: TDIgadge on 20 October 2010, 11:34
Alarms are good if your in the house but I'd get a motion sensor light so it scares the sh1ts off, makes me mad.  :angry:
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: mr burns on 20 October 2010, 11:39
Wire something inside straight to the battery let the toerags get there just desserts then go out and finish them off then straight into a shallow grave, problem sorted taxpayers saved a heap of cash.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: X4MGS on 20 October 2010, 11:51
Need one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: jmsheahan on 20 October 2010, 12:36
Ouch, sorry to see this  :undecided:

Absolute barstools - have you reported it? This happens all too often, rather scary.

Again, sorry to see this.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: cняis on 20 October 2010, 13:34
Happened to mine last thursday evening, but didnt do quite so much damage. 2 door handles later and all is good. Alarm was the only thing that scared them off, so I'd invest if i were you! Mine is missing the warning LED so i bet theyd not have bothered if theyd realised an alarm was fitted.

I was f###ing fuming, so i know how you feel. What right do these pikey scumbags have?!?!?

Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: sparks03 on 20 October 2010, 13:48
Really sorry to hear about that matey. Have you called the Police?

Makes you wonder what the point is really. Hope something comes of this and you find out who to tyre brace in a dark alley
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 14:51
All sorted now.... new window from scrappy for £10, everything else put back together and tidied up.

I reported the damage to the police at 8.45 this morning, and CSI were "done and dusted" by 11.45 so I was quite impressed. They also managed to find finger prints on the plastic trim bits they'd ripped off the interior so a right result. They're going to scan them at the nick and see if the prints are known.

Hopefully in the next few days we'll find out some scum bag has been done for it. At the moment, I'm leaving all the finger print powder all over the car and I'm tempted to leave the CSI leaflet they gave me in the car so if they come back they'll see it!!

Got an alarm on its way, Scorpion one with perimeter sensors etc and battery back up - with a 120db siren which should put the sh!ts up them! Getting that put in ASAP - hopefully this weekend.

All in all, reported it and got a result there and the glass has been replaced and all other damage un-done, fingers crossed I won't have to  go out to that mess again anytime soon.

Oh - and... I had my big GTi bumper come today so I seized the opportunity while my older brother was about and he fitted it for me. Fogs aren't wired up yet but looks better. That's a nice two finger salute to the w*nker who broke into it last night. If I see anyone hanging around it, I'll go out there and break their f*cking legs!!!

Cheers for all the posts.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 14:54
Need one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Like that mate!
Definitely need one, don't wanna electrocute them though, would take all the fun out of it when you found them already dead!!!!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: clipperjay on 20 October 2010, 14:57
I'm speech less mate gutted for you!
At least you sorted most of it, and as mentioned thank god they didn't drive the car away?
Guess no insurance claim, it isnt worth the hike in premiums for the stero unless it was an expensive one.

Jay
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 14:59
Didn't take the stereo mate, just took it out and it was all chucked on the passenger seat. Didn't take anything at all just made a right mess!
Glad they're stupid clueless f*cks and it didn't get stolen or I would have been so gutted, but yeah all sorted now and gave me an op to put the big bumper on. I'll be much much happier when it's alarmed!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: Khare on 20 October 2010, 15:04
The b@stards! Unlucky mate, seems like they must have been bored or they were total amateur thieves, an alarm would have definitely scared them away. I remember when my old mk2 was vandalised, side repeaters ripped out, fuel flap bent, rear wiper ripped out and rear tyres were let down thankfully rather than slashed. Seems like they must have been hacking your car for a while considering the amount of damage done. Same as mine, take a few minutes to let the tyres down pushing the valves in, so they must have been there a good 5 minutes.
I too had CSI come along and dust the car off. I spotted a lovely hand print that the lady missed, had most of the fingers clearly visible and a very clear thumb print on the bent fuel flap. However they didn't find any matches, but it's not the end of the world if they don't, those prints are stored on record and if and when the guys are arrested or anything (could even be drunk and disorderly) 10 years or so down the line, they will be identified and the prints for this incident (remember, 10 years or even more on!) will still be there, so they will be charged with that too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something does come back although it's been 2 yeas now.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 20 October 2010, 16:06
Need one of these!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Good, but doesn't stop the buggers getting into the car, or causing damage.  You should get this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EOvYZ93o4

 :wink:
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: X4MGS on 20 October 2010, 16:21
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: Mr Blue on 20 October 2010, 18:11
FFS. I hope they suffer a huge loss.

I know the feeling. I cant wait to get hold of that guy who stole my side trims and damaged my paint. Invest in some CCTV if you can!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: xkaty_h on 20 October 2010, 18:14
Ah man that sucks to see!

Happened to my old car and they stole everything out of it. Was right outside my old school. It's a horrible feeling, the car doesn't feel like yours any more.

Glad that you got it all sorted in short amount of time! Alarms really are useful!
Hope the people that did it get some sort of massive Karmic do over!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: cняis on 20 October 2010, 18:44
GolfGtiForum angry mob  :cool: :grin:

make them pay! b@stards broke mt door handles off!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 22:28
Cheers for all the comments, good to see I'm not the only one.
Worst part about it is I'm so paranoid now! And there is more damage that hasn't been fixed than I realised but nothing major.

They've scratched one of the back doors right down it, damaged one of the locks more, and putting the heater control things back in one of them has just snapped clean off, so it's stuck on hot now lol. So I need that replaced really.

My Step Dad isn't a small bloke and he said if he catches anyone out there he'll kick the sh!t out of them, which didn't impress my Mum much but he will :) And I hope I get to see it. Dirty f*cks. Have to stop thinking about it or I get angry and feel like checking my car all the time!

But as said, thank god I've still got it, blocked in by my step dads van now so the b*stards

And Khare, yeah they must have been there some time to have done all that. I reckon there was more than one because they unlocked 3 doors out of 4, why would one person go round unlocking all the doors. They smashed the window on the back (so no glass went on the front seats I reckon) unlocked the back, unlocked the front passenger door, then someone got in and opened the drivers door for someone else.

Hopefully they will come back to me with a match, if I don't hear from them soon I'll ring the nick and give them the crime number I think, see if there has been any updates on the report since CSI came.

Sorry to write so much again, just this is such a good opportunity to sort it all out in my head for myself if you know what I mean? With this flu getting worse by the minute, and the paranoid feeling I've got about it happening again tonight, I'm just such a mixture of gutted and upset, then there's the anger and paranoya.

I'll be out there first thing in the first clothes I pick up checking on it in the morning!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 20 October 2010, 22:41
Just seen this on eBay, might be worth looking in to as well;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Falcon-Communicator-Pager-System-Car-Alarm-Pager-/220322224963?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item334c3a5b43

Then I'll know exactly when someone is trying to get in even if I don't hear the alarm. Can be hooked up to the siren so it "pages" me when the alarm goes off :) Good idea and handy bit of kit.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 24 October 2010, 23:31
Had a new alarm fitted this weekend but it's on shock sensors and it's a bit of a paranoid freak at the moment!! Went off earlier so we all went rushing outside thinking someone had broken in and I THINK it was just a cat had jumped on it. Atleast it works, cos whatever set it off was long gone!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: sparks03 on 24 October 2010, 23:46
Should hear something later this week if there's a match on the print. Fingers crossed for you dude
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 25 October 2010, 09:45
I hope so, had thought I would hear sooner mate to be honest but haven't heard anything at all yet.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: cняis on 25 October 2010, 20:45
I hope so, had thought I would hear sooner mate to be honest but haven't heard anything at all yet.

it took the police about a week to contact me informing me that they'd arrested a suspect and charged him with breaking in to various cars on the same evening, mine included (although they found no prints on mine)

on bail until december.

glad theyve got someone!

fingers crossed, the system can work sometimes.
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: sparks03 on 25 October 2010, 20:47
I hope so, had thought I would hear sooner mate to be honest but haven't heard anything at all yet.

 Depends on several factors matey. Quality of the print/lift, work-load, prioritised crimes (eg murder/ rape) need for manual comparisson against believed offender etc. Can take a few weeks
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: andykram on 25 October 2010, 22:19
I've got a cricket bat in the wardrobe!!! Any f****r comes near the 2 or the 6 is gonna get smacked over the boundary, so to speak!!!!
Sorry to hear of all this mate but, as has been previously said, they didn't get the car and that's the main thing.
I chuffing hate pikey, druggy tossers - f*** off and get a proper job like the rest of us!!!
Title: Re: Dirty Thieving Scum Strike Again!!!
Post by: BiGUKG on 26 October 2010, 00:05
Cheers, I'll perhaps wait until the end of the week and give them a ring. I'll obviously let you all know what happens!!

Wel said Andy! I've worked ever since I was old enough to get a paper round!! I was out of work for 7 months claiming Job Seekers, but I claimed it for the reason it was intended, to keep me going until I got a job which I did as soon as I could.

These thieving f*cks have no intention of getting a job and thats one of the most annoying things. I've worked so hard to get that car, get it how it stands and I work hard to run it, and some jobless moron probably thieving to feed some drug addiction comes and smashes it up without blinking an eye lid.

Might have just done it for the adernaline rush but they'll have adrenaline running down their legs if they come back again  :grin:

Alarm is really sensitive and very loud, just the way it should be. Mind you - hasn't rained hard yet!!