GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: chrisr103 on 09 October 2010, 20:38
-
Can anyone tell me what engine this is please? Is it 8v or 16v?
(http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/chris246/engine-1.jpg)
-
Pretty sure its 8v.
-
Cheers for that, Just looks different to the 8v one my mates MK2 has in it :huh:
-
what reg ? think they differ on early to late models :wink:
-
That's the slow one.
-
That's the slow one.
:D :D :D :D :D
-
thats a early 8v mate
-
As others say its an 8v kjet I'm unfortunate to have one sitting in my car aswel.
-
8v k-jet I think.
-
Its in a D reg one, The one in my mates is a G reg one, Not too clued up on the mk2 so wasnt too sure of what enginge is what :laugh:
-
It's still the slow one.
-
Thought it might be, Dont think ill be buying the car then, On a side note how easy is it to fit the 1.8t engine into a G reg mk2?
-
It's the slow one with the cr@p injection system on it.
On a side note how easy is it to fit the 1.8t engine into a G reg mk2?
It just bolts up... provided you have the right parts to make it just bolt up....
The wiring's the tough bit.
-
not very easy to do 1.8t swop
its not that slow mate i thnk he,s only saying that as its not a 16v its a perfectly good torquey engine dnt let it put you of its no slower then a late pd 8v engine
-
Its not mk mk2 im looking at doing the engine on, Its in the one my mate has bought, He is bidding on a complete Engine & box at the moment but not researched it yet
-
dnt mater what mk2 it is mate it ent that simple
-
I was only saying that as you said not to let the old 8v engine put me off, So I tried to explain that it wasnt my car, Is there a guide or review anywhere on the forum to help with the conversion?
-
i have seen one somewhere
-
I have heard from alot of people that the 20v turbo swap is actually pretty straight forward apart from the wiring, just like DH said
I'm still looking to swap mine over
-
Had a text message saying he has put an offer in on a 1.8T engine & box, I have got 14 days holidays from work left so hoping if he gets the offer accepted then we will be able to fit the engine & get it running within a week.
-
I preempt DH here, but why don't you just put in an ABF engine?
Are you getting the 1.8T for peanuts?
-
Think he is getting the engine,Box & turbo for £700 ish as long as the offer he put in has been accepted
-
Just the loom to sort out then.
Tidy.
Jonathan.
-
Think he is getting the engine,Box & turbo for £700 ish as long as the offer he put in has been accepted
Not a bad price, I take it no ecu with it however.
-
big problem with the vw scene is as so menay engines just drop in plug up and work anything that requires more is called difficult :( the correct term is not quite so boreing.
for an engine conversion to be intresting nothing should plug or bolt up dircetly and meany bits need fetteling
difficult is when you have to reshape the hole the engine may possobly eventualy fit in, then you have to fabricate ALL the mounts, make your own adaptor plate for the gearbox, compose a clutch out of random ones, make your flywheel fit the clutch. then try and get a starter motor in there somehow and then make your own exhaust. before thinking about driveshafts :smiley:
1.8T is easy done in a week, 3 days is plenty
-
I think he is also getting the ECU But not too sure.
-
I'd imagine the wiring just to take a while, to just id all the wires, then its easy to just them where they belong, I thought my ms install was going to be hard, buts it looks very simple.