GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: DubJoey on 09 October 2010, 18:28
-
Does anyone no how much front wings are from vw and if they still do them need 2 as mine are slowly rotting away. Or does anyone no where to get good none genuine ones that dont need too much fetlin
-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167532.0;topicseen
-
New wings are about £110.00 Each plus VAT from the stealers!!
I bought one earlier this year - To replace a patten one - The Patten ones just don't fit properly!!
-
New wings are about £110.00 Each plus VAT from the stealers!!
I bought one earlier this year - To replace a patten one - The Patten ones just don't fit properly!!
Wish you'd stop saying that. Pattern parts *sometimes* need a bit of a wiggle to get the shut lines right.
I've fitted 1 on the golf without any bother, lined up easily. Given the price difference, i know what i'd rather do.
-
The OP asked the Question How Much.... Answered!! :smiley:
He also ask's about Good Copy Ones - So I gave him my Honest Opinion & One Shared By My Bodyshop & My Mechanic, Who By The Way Have Done A Number Of Cars That Have Appeared In National Mags... I Would take & value their advice any day - over yours!! :smiley:
Why should I stop saying what is true????
Just cos you seem to think that patten parts are fine.... You keep fitting them - Thats your choice!!
I'm not the only one who agree's that the Patten Wings DON'T Fit like OEM ones...
So Stop Telling Me What The Feck To Say And Go Play With Your Non Gen Parts... As I Am Sure They Need Your Attention.... :angry:
-
Oh be quiet, you're boring
-
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!
-
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!
Perhaps, but a prat that can fit his own parts, form his own opinion and doesn't need to rely on his bodyshop or mechanic to know whats what.
-
& Your a 1st class Prat!!!
Perhaps, but a prat that can fit his own parts, form his own opinion and doesn't need to rely on his bodyshop or mechanic to know whats what.
Priceless Quote;
[size=9]DEALER ONLY! [/size][/shadow]
The pattern parts are sh!t and will distort within 18 months, the dealer part is only about £1 more!
So I'm boring cos I value other peeps input so I don't have to make the mistake's that others have....
Opinions Are Like Assh0le's Everyone has one..... Just Like You!!!
Last Time I looked we are in a free country and I am entitled to say what I like as long as it's a not Liable.... So FECK OFF!!
-
mate, you're about as interesting as this years x-factor
-
mate, you're about as interesting as this years x-factor
Now who's a SAD Mother Fecker.... Errrrr You For Watching It In The 1st Place!!!!!
:grin: :grin: :grin:
-
what on earth are you arguing for? .... do me a favour and just read what i typed.
-
what on earth are you arguing for? .... do me a favour and just read what i typed.
I have and you are the one that started arguing and then slaging me off!!!
All I was doing was TRYING to give the OP the answer to his question!!!! Cost of Wings & Good Patten Ones.... & I gave him my answer & My Thoughts....
All yo do is point him in the direction of a guy selling a pair of wings.... I suggest that YOU read the OP.....
-
guys chill out its messing his thread up Chaps! :wink:
Jay
-
guys chill out its messing his thread up Chaps! :wink:
Jay
I'm too big a child and x4mgs is too narrowminded not to reply :laugh:
Sorry op :embarassed:
-
Does anyone no how much front wings are from vw and if they still do them need 2 as mine are slowly rotting away. Or does anyone no where to get good none genuine ones that dont need too much fetlin
Hi mate pattern parts do need fetting up, but if you plan on getting it done at body shop I would get pattern part as he will charge plus he does it all day long. If you plan on doing it yourself then get geniune ones less fettling. The issues you face is when that wing comes off you don't know what else is on that quater joint of the window and chassis leg? I say just try and get a second hand legit wing and do it yourself :smiley:
Haaa listen both your cars are worthless buy mine :evil:
-
"Child" is not what I would say... What springs to mind is something similar to banker.... But with a Very BIG W...
I am not narrow minded just that I have learnt the hard way that pattent parts just don't last, or are not upto the job in the longer term.... If you only want to keep your MK2 golf for a couple of months then fine buy cheap & crappy parts... But my car is a keeper so nothing but the best will do...
I have tried cheap patten parts & they just dont last, or fit properly, so I buy the OEM bits and then I don't have to worry!!
guys chill out its messing his thread up Chaps! :wink:
Jay
I'm too big a child and x4mgs is too narrowminded not to reply :laugh:
Sorry op :embarassed:
-
if that inner wing is not straght, mating surfaces ont straight and clean, OEM or non OEM it will need a fettle to fit, these are 20 year old cars! Ben is a jumped up little twit who thinks he knows everything, just let him carry on and be like that. he has a very good project thread thou with loads of info. but ben you do like putting people down and think you know everything, if u did you wouldnt need this forum would you!
A lot of people have good opinions and help on this forum. and its a lot of very good help, it says "help and sarcasm" on the top of this screen but Ben you do treat everyone like an idiot!!
ive been messing about with cars since i could walk, im now 38 but im no expert!
there said it :wink:
-
Jeez, what's with the group bullying, what have I even said that has provoked such ridiculous responses?
Wish you'd stop saying that. Pattern parts *sometimes* need a bit of a wiggle to get the shut lines right.
I've fitted 1 on the golf without any bother, lined up easily. Given the price difference, i know what i'd rather do.
Apart from pointing the OP to someone selling genuine wings, that was my input ... nothing "jumped up" or patronising about it. If the price difference between a pattern and genuine wing wasn't over £100, I wouldn't argue the toss, its a no brainer, but it aint.
But X4MGS's typical tirade about only fitting VAG parts is incorrect and unfounded, some pattern parts work just as well, some even being made by OEMs. Just because it wasn't bought over the counter at your local VAG dealer doesn't mean the part will have any less longevity, fit as well or perform the same function.
As with anyone else on here, I'll try and help - but if they can't be arsed to do a little research for even the most simplest of things .... (no reflection on the OP, I'm generalising here)
-
Ben - didn't you do a thread a while ago about which pattern parts are worth it and which ones to avoid? There was some pretty good advice in there.
As for the wing - I removed a pattern wing a few months back which was showing some rust - turned out that the whole arch had been eaten by rust - I'll try and get a pic up of it next time I drop by the lockup, as I haven't got rid of it yet. Whoever had fitted the pattern wing had done a good job - shut lines were perfect, and there was no 'tell' of the wing being slightly out compared to the line of the door. The paint was spot on, the underseal was solid (inner wing was completely rust free) and they had even put a tab of sealant on the top of the wing to make it look like factory. Shame they didn't use a good quality part.
It's unfair to say from one experience that all pattern wings are rubbish, but do you research - if it fits, looks good, and is made of solid enough material, then it may do the job. Personally I would look out for a second hand genuine wing in your colour - it will save you some work with the rattle cans. The trouble is finding one that is in good condition and in your colour will take some time...
-
Ben remember our conversation about the old Skool lot? :wink:
I don't think Ben has any bad press on his advice as he has rebuilt his Whole fing golf from scratch!(insane or love?)
Lets face it if you don't primer and paint the wing no matter how good the material is its gonna rust!
I've seen brand new vag wings being fitted covered in scratches on the in side ready and waiting for rust to creep in, but did they listen no. Then I've seen cheap arsed fellas who understand if the material is weak and they put sh!t loads of primer and coats of paint to properly seal up a pattern part wing have they rusted? errrrr no. So my point is the part is only going to be as good as the person fitting it, painting it & sealing it i.e Arches!
I love a good gang bang! :kiss: