GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Simeon on 05 October 2010, 23:38

Title: Rebuilding rear beam - 'cover ring' listed in Bentley Manual but not on vagcat?
Post by: Simeon on 05 October 2010, 23:38
As title, in my bentley manual a 'cover ring' is shown to go on after the splash shield. I vaguely remember taking these off when I stripped it ages ago, but obviously knackered them. Thought I'd get a couple of new ones from vw but can't see them listed on vagcat. Anyone got a part number?

Thanks in advance :)

(rear disc set up by the way)
Title: Re: Rebuilding rear beam - 'cover ring' listed in Bentley Manual but not on vagcat?
Post by: Mr Blue on 05 October 2010, 23:46
191501639A . number 19 on vag cat diagram :smiley:

Diagram (http://www.vagcat.com/p/B070/106000.png)
Title: Re: Rebuilding rear beam - 'cover ring' listed in Bentley Manual but not on vagcat?
Post by: Simeon on 05 October 2010, 23:47
Cheers :)
Title: Re: Rebuilding rear beam - 'cover ring' listed in Bentley Manual but not on vagcat?
Post by: Simeon on 06 October 2010, 01:26
In response to your edit; What section are you looking at there? I looked under 1991 mk2 golf in wheels/brakes -> rear discs and it's a completely different pic .. no. 19 where I'm looking is a brake pipe clip :huh:


EDIT; Found it now, it's under 'rear axle' .. thanks again :)