GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: H Singh on 04 October 2010, 11:58
-
Hi guys, anyone currently running aero wipers on there mk2? i need to change my normal wiper so wondering if it worth getting the aero wiper or stick to the normal bosch one inormally get?
if the aero, anyone recommend any good places to purchase them from off the net?
Harry
-
Ive not yet warmed to aero wipers on older cars (particularly mk2's)... not part of the rustic asthetic!
So I have no useful info :embarassed: Sorry
-
For me I'd say normal Bosch wipers with a spoiler on the drivers side for the OEM look.
Personally I don't like flippy floppy aero ones on old cars. My Passat has them from the factory and they are great, but I'd never fit them on my Mk2.
-
yea im in two minds at the moment, anyone got any pics of what theyll look like? been tryna look but not many with them on!
-
OE all the way...... :cool:
Thom
-
Yeah the floppy aero wipers look odd on a mk2. Bog standard wipers FTW!
-
I'd rather my car look a litte 'odd' to purists and be able to see where I'm going when it's chucking it down ... get aero wipers, they are much better than standard (and before anyone says it, no my old wipers were not knackered, just changed them because I prefer the modern look of the aero ones)
-
Get aero wipers, they are miles better than the old type..
-
For me I'd say normal Bosch wipers with a spoiler on the drivers side for the OEM look.
I don't care how much better the aero ones are. They make old cars look spazzy.
If a G2 was my daily I might consider them, but on a toy? No wai!
Like putting uPVC double-glazing into a listed building.
-
Dont do it Singh :grin:
-
:grin:
bosch with spoilers look kool :cool:
-
Aeros are awesome, best £20 i ever spent. I didnt pay any attention to how they look, they just get rid of that rain goooood
-
anyone with a layflat rear wiper is also gaye
THERE I SAID IT
-
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/gti005.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/owl_orly.png)
-
I got aero wipers (£3 from tesco :lipsrsealed: )
Only pic I got:
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs303.ash2/58370_427421930755_608550755_5437119_1122718_n.jpg)
....And a lay-flat wiper :laugh:
-
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/gti005.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/owl_orly.png)
No lay flat wiper for me either, VW decided that they should park over the heater elements for a reason. However, if you must attempt this mod, and least get it properly flat :grin:
-
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/gti005.jpg)
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/owl_orly.png)
No lay flat wiper for me either, VW decided that they should park over the heater elements for a reason. However, if you must attempt this mod, and least get it properly flat :grin:
In my defence...it was like that when I bought it. :grin:
The defence rests.
Jonathan.
-
ok sorry to change the subject slightly but does anyone know were the rear wiper is supposed to be parked? Anal question but its bugging me.
mine was flat like the pic above but i changed it to vertical, because it looks cool :grin: and causes less drag :huh:
-
Mine was flat when bought too :tongue:
-
anyone with a layflat rear wiper is also gaye
THERE I SAID IT
Noooooooo!!! It looks cosmetically better!!
-
ok sorry to change the subject slightly but does anyone know were the rear wiper is supposed to be parked? Anal question but its bugging me.
mine was flat like the pic above but i changed it to vertical, because it looks cool :grin: and causes less drag :huh:
Like this
(http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264/dubber36/005.jpg)
-
I fitted aero wipers to mine as it is not only a daily but I also find being able to see out the windscreen invaluable in avoiding accidents.
(http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/neobadness/DundeeMeet04102.jpg)
-
i hav an aero wiper on my make 2 but it has single wiper on it an the car itself dont quite have the old retro lookin mk2 if u post ur email address i will send u a pic of mine with aero wiper on it as i baffled by the uploadin pictures on this forum or all forums :undecided: