GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: mk2bal on 03 October 2010, 14:18

Title: yokhama a501
Post by: mk2bal on 03 October 2010, 14:18
Am gettin some yoko a501's fitted in the week as my old toyo proxes hav had it. I was trying to get bridgestone this time, cos a mate wit a 20vt mk2 swears by em,but can't get em 195/45/15,he uses stretched 165's.. Anyways I thort I'd try the yoki's instead then,has anyone got/had these, if so what do you think of em.. There £65 each when my toyo's were £47 each, so I hope thyre better!!! Let the tire war commence!
Title: Re: yokhama a501
Post by: Ben Lessani on 03 October 2010, 14:33
Uniroyal Rainsport IIs FTW
Title: Re: yokhama a501
Post by: rob.043 on 03 October 2010, 18:17
Currently on 195 45 15 Yokohama S-drive's, and love em. Thought they were around £40 a corner when I last got a pair, certainly not 65. Top notch sport tyre. Had the 'predecessor' of the yoko A539 before, which were good too.
Title: Re: yokhama a501
Post by: Pearce69 on 03 October 2010, 18:25
Iv got rainsport 2's on my astra and there dam good in the wet and pretty good in the dry