GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: The Mighty Elvi on 01 October 2010, 11:28
-
To all the fellow MK2 owners out there. My thoughts are with you as the rain comes down in bucketloads. Its around this time of year that the joy of MK2 ownership starts to wain.
Time to get the sponge out.
-
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Oh it feels good being in a mk3 + at the time of the year :grin:
-
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Oh it feels good being in a mk3 + at the time of the year :grin:
why? because no one can see you through your steamed up windows??
-
Why would they steam up? there's no leaking involved in my car :grin:
-
the ventilation in mk3s has always been poop...esp in the back
-
the ventilation in mk3s has always been poop...esp in the back
I love my Mark 3 to bits but you're so bloody right :sad:
-
Why is Khare in the MK2 section? Is it:
A) He secretly wishes he had a MK2.
B) He wants to get away from Shady.
C) posting here makes him feel like he owns a true GTi instead of having to hide his shame.
-
Why is Khare in the MK2 section? Is it:
A) He secretly wishes he had a MK2.
B) He wants to get away from Shady.
C) posting here makes him feel like he owns a true GTi instead of having to hide his shame.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-
:laugh: :laugh:
slap your engine into a mk2 shell Khare!!!
-
:laugh: :laugh:
slap your engine into twistedblack's mk2 shell Khare!!!
I concur!
-
B, final answer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And yeah I do wish I had a mk2 again
NAAAAAAAAAAAAT :tongue:
-
It's not just Mk2's my 2004 Passat steams up when it gets cold outside.
The servo that operates the fresh/recirc air flap on the heater inlet is shagged. When it's below 4 degrees, the air con dosn't work so will not dehumidify the air so the windows steam up. VW want 90 odd quid for the part, but reckon it's a dash out job to fix it. I don't fancy that, so have to put up with the rear windows dropped a few mm.
The one time that I did drive my Mk2 in the rain it was fine. Maybe I should start using that instead.
-
My Polo is shafted on this front. It struggles to even demist the windscreen.
Nick
-
To all the fellow MK2 owners out there. My thoughts are with you as the rain comes down in bucketloads. Its around this time of year that the joy of MK2 ownership starts to wain.
Time to get the sponge out.
What nonsense. Most of the mk2 guys on here will have read this thread by now and have no leaks. :grin: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=70858.0 :afro:
-
To date have water in rear drivers side expect the seal to be shot clusters aren't cracked.
Some moisture in the passenger foot well. Seal gone on the air vent on firewall I expect?
some drips near fuse box. Not sure sunroof drain hole is clean so is the corner firewall hole could be the bonnet lifter rubber seal will check that one!
-
To all the fellow MK2 owners out there. My thoughts are with you as the rain comes down in bucketloads. Its around this time of year that the joy of MK2 ownership starts to wain.
Time to get the sponge out.
What nonsense. Most of the mk2 guys on here will have read this thread by now and have no leaks. :grin: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=70858.0 :afro:
I sorted all my leaks but just dropped a large KFC Pepsi in the passenger footwell....
Dunno whether to get the sponge out or a straw??
-
straw straw straw
-
I have a 2 door mk2 gti, Footwell behind passenger seat gets soaked , Plus seatbelt gets soaked, Whats causin this,,
-
Probably sunroof.
-
Mines fine *touchwood*
The only thing I get when it's been raining is water from the roof gushing down the windscreen when I break :rolleyes:
-
you should all stop whining and man the fook up and go buy a proper gti that doesnt leak, is much much more fun,and cooler than a penguin in blast freezer.......
yes guys sell them heaps and buy a mk1 :grin: :cool:
-
Its the crap drivers that put me off driving the mk2 in winter.
On the look out for a mint mk3 for winter use. :evil:
-
whatever you do, DONT BUY RAIN-X "ANTI MIST" TREATMENT!!!
It stops most of the misting up you get when its raining, but "un-misted" water now sits on the inside of the screen and leaves streaks down it :angry:
At least the blowers clear the mist after a while. They dont clear the sitting water!!!!
-
Never had any leak issues with any of my G2s.
I did split a 4-pint of milk in my Syncro last year. That's when it became really great that it didn't have any carpets in it :grin:
Took a lot of water to dilute it. I *may* have drilled a couple of drain holes in the floorpan to clear the milk, mind....
-
Leak sorted out on the rear cluster! Took me only five minutes, clear silicone on the bolt holes, cleaned the seal off from crap, tightned the three nuts up, job done! :smiley:
-
No leaks in my car. :smiley:
-
My golf has been fine since I bought it, went out today and the footwell behind the drivers seat was flooded! I had recently been playing with the sunroof, so I really hope I havn't angered some water demons :(
-
To be fair I did get a BMX brake cable and started to go to each drain hole and started ram it down to clear anything like dead leaves out fo them.
As for the sunroof I had to change the defelector arms because they rusted by sitting in a gully of water. Its weird becuase the car is quite low and the front tyres are flat the water should flow better forwards out from the sunroof I think its just the bit the engineers forgot to think about?
There should be clear pipes running from the sunroof downwards or was that the inner doors can't remember, but if they have dropped off it can cause issues in footwells!
-
Mines fine *touchwood*
The only thing I get when it's been raining is water from the roof gushing down the windscreen when I break :rolleyes:
I usually find that when i accelerate away the 1st 8 Valves SLOWLY gets the water moving on my roof,
And then when the next 8 Valves kick in the water shoots straight off the back of my car,,
-
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Oh it feels good being in a mk3 + at the time of the year :grin:
nah it just so mk3 owners can put the main sail up and finally get some speed up during the winter months at least, :lipsrsealed: anchors away :laugh: