GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: dadrathers on 30 September 2010, 21:07

Title: Airflow meter
Post by: dadrathers on 30 September 2010, 21:07
Quicky!

Does the Mk 3 AFM fit Mk 2 - I know they look the same but part numbers are slightly different.

Mk3 VW part number is 037 906 301C and Bosch 0280 202 130

whereas

Mk2 VW is 037 906 301 (and no 'C') and Bosch 0280 202 106

Subtle but could be important????

P.S. Just bought a keyring from X4MGS - the "Golf GTI" version - very nice quality imo.
Title: Re: Airflow meter
Post by: weazgti on 01 October 2010, 08:59
I heard they fit and work dont know for definate though.
Also old bmw and range rover ones look the same.
Title: Re: Airflow meter
Post by: rubjonny on 04 October 2010, 11:53
yeah they work, i got a brand new gen bosch one off ebay for a mk3 2e code engine, the bosch number on it was the same as the one on my old MK2 one.
Title: Re: Airflow meter
Post by: dadrathers on 05 October 2010, 20:44
yeah they work, i got a brand new gen bosch one off ebay for a mk3 2e code engine, the bosch number on it was the same as the one on my old MK2 one.

Thanks RJ - but that is the point, the Bosch part numbers are slightly different on the one I have spotted (brand spanker) and the original on my Mk2. You don't by any chance still have the Mk3 one fitted so that you 'scan' the number for me?????????
Title: Re: Airflow meter
Post by: rubjonny on 08 October 2010, 14:43
no i got rid of it years ago. chances are the old mk2 bosch number has been superceeded by the one on the new one. like i said, i fitted a 2e one onto my mk2 and it worked fine ;)
Title: Re: Airflow meter
Post by: dadrathers on 09 October 2010, 20:20
OK thanks RJ.

Anyway I piddled about for so long that I have missed the opportunity to buy it - a bit like London buses there will be another one along soon (I hope).

Cheers.