GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: The Mighty Elvi on 28 September 2010, 13:36
-
I'm changing the rear discs and pads on my 91 valver. What size are the Allen keys neede to remove the caliper carrier. Off to shops to buy some now so prompt response appreciated.
Thanks.
Jonathan.
-
IIRC 7mm...
-
Thanks. CGTi says 8mm so ill buy a set to be on the safe side.
-
Yup. Deffo 8mm. Halfrauds even sell a special tool for the job. Long arm HEX. £5.99.
Now only if it would stop raining.
-
Can use the VW wheel wrench as an extension for the allen key as it's hollow. A bit pikey but it works :smiley:
-
Tried that. May need to give Garth a call.
-
I found that a 15mm socket hammered over the bolt worked well. Someone had previously attacked the bolts on mine and completely rounded them off :angry:
-
I was pretty sure its 7mm :undecided:
I had to cheat and grind flats on to mine!
(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/mini-CIMG6701.jpg)
(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/mini-CIMG6700.jpg)
(http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=49436.msg871824#msg871824)
-
As long as it gets 'em off lol. I was lucky, the brakes weren't too much of a ballache, whereas everything else on the car so far has been seized