GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: jimmyhodge on 28 September 2010, 11:37
-
Ok saw a picture of a mk1 golf in a magazine with a very tasty small bumper fitted. Got an on-going mk2 project that is mid way through restoration. Never really been a fan of the mk2 bumper with the no-plate screwed to the front of the bumper. In my mind looks tacky. Personal opinion really :laugh:
Just wondered if anyone has fitted one of these small bumpers to there mk2. If so where can you buy a kit? I've taken a picture of the page in the magazine allbeit a very poor one but it gives you an idea of what i'm trying to explain badly... :wink:
http://yfrog.com/jnpicture028kj
-
You'll have a bunch of smoothing work on the wings and I suspect you'll need a custom bumper made, as IIRC the Golf2 is wider than the G1. The curve across the car may be different, too.
Get along to a swap meet and see if you can find and then borrow an example bumper to offer up.
-
on another note i saw that mk1 at bristol volksfest in june and it was stunning :cool:
-
From memory the front subframe bolts hold the bumper on a mk2 I believe so you would need to sort that.
I might be wrong.
-
mk1 and mk2 bumpers mount differently on the front, not so sure on the back but i should imagine they are different as well