GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: apie2004 on 27 September 2010, 11:30

Title: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: apie2004 on 27 September 2010, 11:30
After a search on the forum I read that the sensor for the buzzer was the yellow cabled sensor above the oil filter. I also read that if i had a genuine oil pressure problem the buzzer would come on above 2k rpm.

Back to my problem, i has a 4hr drive today and yesterday my buzzer came on so I borrowes a friends sensor, changed it. The buzz went awat for a bit however came on below 1500 rpm. Does it sound like i need a new oil pump or have been unlucky with 2 sensors?

Vheers

James
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: rubjonny on 27 September 2010, 12:27
buzzer shouldnt come on below 1.5-2k ish rpm, if it does you have a dash fault or there is a problem with the rev counter signal
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: Mitching on 27 September 2010, 23:12
When the engine is warm, mine comes on spot on 2k, what's my problem?
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: apie2004 on 28 September 2010, 00:01
Living in Leighton Buzzard? My guess is genuine low oil pressure according to what I searched for.

FYI I made it back and it did not buzz once, I love intermittent problems! I highly recommend Isle Of Man number plates on a vehicle, I did a pretty solid 90mph + through speed cameras and I will not get a ticket!
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: Mitching on 28 September 2010, 00:31
It's the centre of the universe mate ;)  :laugh: :lipsrsealed:

I check it regularly and seems at a safe level!
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: rubjonny on 28 September 2010, 09:50
check the large white sensor on the oil filter housing, and the yellow wire thats plugged into it
Title: Re: Oil pressure buzzer
Post by: Ben Lessani on 28 September 2010, 21:56
Get an oil pressure gauge on to be sure ...

(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/mini-CIMG6783.jpg) (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=49436.msg914751#msg914751)