GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 14:51

Title: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 14:51
Anyone know where you can get these new??

Just ordered a New Grille From VW (Fed up getting abuse about the eyebrow!!) and want to get some new spots but they are NLA from VW...

Cheers
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 16:02
Bigboys toys or GPC should do them try them both get the best price Big boys toys do free postage over £25 pounds!
 
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 16:14
Thanks...

BBT £40.00 Each WTF....

GPC only patten @ £15.00 each Plus Vat & Fitting Kit @ £5.00 Each
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 16:27
The lastime I looked quite afew months back, to get a set the cheapest option was ED38 if your a member you should get free postage and 10% off total so that would be £4 off @ £36?
Sorry only other option is Egay. I got lucky and bought a mint grill with them in for like £20 go figure?
The other option would be Autopal ones I know they are the only legal glass marked ones for headlights they must supply spots aswell somewhere? Personally I compared the Hella agianst Autopal and guess what quality was better on the Autopal!
 
 
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: logeyboy on 21 September 2010, 16:29
GSF used to do Hella...

Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 16:34
Yep that's where I'm looking..

I don't mind paying good money but £40.00 each is a rip off... Headlights are only £24.00 each...

I have a couple of grilles in the garage so may have a dig and see what I can find...

Ebay.de next must be some new ones else where...

The lastime I looked quite afew months back, to get a set the cheapest option was ED38 if your a member you should get free postage and 10% off total so that would be £4 off @ £36?
Sorry only other option is Egay. I got lucky and bought a mint grill with them in for like £20 go figure?
The other option would be Autopal ones I know they are the only legal glass marked ones for headlights they must supply spots aswell somewhere?
 
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 16:35
Looked last night and they don't list them on thier online catalogue anymore...

Thanks!!

GSF used to do Hella...


Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 16:41
Yep that's where I'm looking..

I don't mind paying good money but £40.00 each is a rip off... Headlights are only £24.00 each...

I have a couple of grilles in the garage so may have a dig and see what I can find...

Ebay.de next must be some new ones else where...

The lastime I looked quite afew months back, to get a set the cheapest option was ED38 if your a member you should get free postage and 10% off total so that would be £4 off @ £36?
Sorry only other option is Egay. I got lucky and bought a mint grill with them in for like £20 go figure?
The other option would be Autopal ones I know they are the only legal glass marked ones for headlights they must supply spots aswell somewhere?
 

I know your pain I was in the same position a few months back I'll post up a picture on the Autopal ones they are better quality than Hella for sure!
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: Alec on 21 September 2010, 16:44
I have seen a few sets on ebay advertised as new for as little as 20 quid, might just be a waiting game for you mate if you don't wanna be spending 40 quid for a set.

One of my hella's are cracked so I would be interested to see what you come up with
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 16:49
(http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/Clipperjay/Atlas%20Grey%2016v%203dr/P1020318.jpg)
(http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/Clipperjay/Atlas%20Grey%2016v%203dr/P1020319.jpg)
(http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/Clipperjay/Atlas%20Grey%2016v%203dr/P1020495.jpg)
(http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/Clipperjay/Atlas%20Grey%2016v%203dr/P1020496.jpg)
 :wink:
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 17:09
Their Headlights arn't they?

Do they do the spots also? where did you get 'em from??

Thanks
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 17:18
You need to re-read what I typed mate it was in bold
I've just typed Autopal and this came up think the price is alright, but I won my headlights and got them @ £10 each! they do grill lamps in this link aswell @£25.00 all in EACH better than £40 non? American import though.....?????
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322)
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: dubber36 on 21 September 2010, 17:32
http://b2c.hella.com/b2c_hella/b2c/init.do?language=en&country=en&shop=truck_en&scenario.xcm=truck_en

These maybe the ones, but not 100% sure.

Edit, that link dosn't work properly, but look on the Hella site under 12V spot lights. There are 33 pages, but I'm sure I found them.
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 21 September 2010, 17:55
My Bad... Got emails and thread flying all over the place today... Missed the important part about them... :wink:

You need to re-read what I typed mate it was in bold
I've just typed Autopal and this came up think the price is alright, but I won my headlights and got them @ £10 each! they do grill lamps in this link aswell @£25.00 all in EACH better than £40 non? American import though.....?????
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322)
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: Thom89 on 21 September 2010, 17:59
Apparently Hella units are still available, but listed under a commercial vehicle application, that I believe have a different part number...thats why they're difficult to pin down.

Thom
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: clipperjay on 21 September 2010, 18:42
My Bad... Got emails and thread flying all over the place today... Missed the important part about them... :wink:

You need to re-read what I typed mate it was in bold
I've just typed Autopal and this came up think the price is alright, but I won my headlights and got them @ £10 each! they do grill lamps in this link aswell @£25.00 all in EACH better than £40 non? American import though.....?????
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Autopal-Lights_VW-Headlights_W0QQ_fsubZ9QQ_sidZ107774186QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322)

No probs £40 for these bad boys guess not many running these? :cool:
http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=2447&manufacturer=Venom&category=Lighting (http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=2447&manufacturer=Venom&category=Lighting)
Title: Re: Hella Front Spot/Driving Lamps
Post by: X4MGS on 23 September 2010, 13:55
New Grille has arrived from TPS Very Happy Bunny!!!!

Got a set of nearly new Hella Lamps off ebay last night... £20.00 inc postage!! Happy Again..

Just need them to arrive!!

:grin: