GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Haribo! on 20 September 2010, 00:05

Title: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 20 September 2010, 00:05
ive just got my leather interior in my 5 door.

Now the rear cards have a rectangular hole for the electric window switches but I have winders in the back, is there some sort of adaptor or something to make this fit better?  as at the moment I have the circular winder int eh square hole and it leaves a gap around the outside :(
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: rubjonny on 20 September 2010, 10:26
fraid not chap :(
have to knock up summat yasen. what you could do is get some rear switch holders then fit some window switch blanks into em
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 20 September 2010, 13:58
Yeh I guess I'll have to, and then put a hole in the blank for the window winder, I doubt I'll ever find a pair of those tho
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Sam on 21 September 2010, 17:49
fit leccy windows?
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 21 September 2010, 17:54
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 21 September 2010, 20:50
Lol, give me a break :p anyway, I would still be stuck with the same problem, I won't find those parts 
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: mwep201081 on 21 September 2010, 21:45
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

less to go wrong with manuals
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 21 September 2010, 22:30
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

less to go wrong with manuals

hell yes!!  plus i have nowhere to put the buttons cause I cut the middle spaces out of the fascia so I could still have a hole to stick my phone in :D
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: dannydubs on 22 September 2010, 21:35
hope your happy with the leather mate :smiley:
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: clipperjay on 22 September 2010, 23:36
Buy really large grommits then cut them to the right shape, 30-40mm diameter ones might do the trick?

Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 23 September 2010, 00:27
hope your happy with the leather mate :smiley:

REALLY happy with them cheers mate, ive waited years and years, twas good to meet you dude :)

Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: Haribo! on 23 September 2010, 00:28
Buy really large grommits then cut them to the right shape, 30-40mm diameter ones might do the trick?



hey thats not a bad idea, il have a look and see what I can find :)
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: messenjah on 24 September 2010, 09:18
fit a cordless drill to your window winder  "semi automatic windows"
Title: Re: rear dooor car blanks?
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 24 September 2010, 11:33
Leather interior with manual windows is a bit half arsed.

less to go wrong with manuals

True.  But just looks cheap with the leather interior.