GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: delirical on 16 September 2010, 11:10

Title: Changing wing mirror glass
Post by: delirical on 16 September 2010, 11:10
As per title, does it just pull off?

I have a new glass piece for the passenger wing mirror and have tried pulling the exisiting one off with some force but am concerned about breaking it, is there a technique or do i just need to yank it off??

Cheers

p.s ive tried using the search....
Title: Re: Changing wing mirror glass
Post by: X4MGS on 16 September 2010, 11:18
Yes It just pulls off... Just be careful not to bust it!!

I think I have read about using string at both ends and pulling it that way..

I used a Plastic Trim puller and gently prized it off
Title: Re: Changing wing mirror glass
Post by: delirical on 16 September 2010, 11:25
Thanks mate, illl give it another go.
Title: Re: Changing wing mirror glass
Post by: rubjonny on 20 September 2010, 10:03
what type of mirror is it? the early one half way along the door, or the later one right at the front?

early one there is a hole in the bottom, you pop a screwdriver in there and push a locking ring round to release the glass.

later one is clipped in, what you do is adjust the glass so its facing down then carefully pop off the clips you can see in the gap. point it up and repeat
Title: Re: Changing wing mirror glass
Post by: delirical on 20 September 2010, 16:21
Yes its the later one nearer the a pillar.

I did try to pop the top left one off with flat head but started making a mess of the clip, will try again by spraying a bit of wd40 on the clips to ease off.

Cheers chaps.