GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: jettaTx on 15 September 2010, 18:51

Title: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: jettaTx on 15 September 2010, 18:51
Can anyone tell me the correct operation of a Mk2 Golf rear wiper motor.
Should it always spray water?
Andy
Title: Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: Haribo! on 15 September 2010, 18:58
A short push on the stalk turns it on, another short push turns it off, a long push activates the spray and wiper.
Title: Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: the_stink on 16 September 2010, 15:17
A short push on the stalk turns it on, another short push turns it off, a long push activates the spray and wiper.

or if your in mine any bump in the road sets the fronts and jets off lol
Title: Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: DarnPB on 16 September 2010, 23:15
And don't forget to lay it flat!
Title: Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: jamie_pyrite on 17 September 2010, 02:37
Mine is weird - It doesn't have an on/off setting so it'll move intermittantly. It's just a case of, if you push the stalk, it will give it power and constantly wipe/spray until you let go..

Meaning I can stop the wiper wherever I want! But means I have to time my pushes so it ends where it should!


What's going on here?
Title: Re: Mk2 Rear wiper
Post by: X4MGS on 17 September 2010, 14:38
Faulty wiring or duff relay or stalk!!

Mine is weird - It doesn't have an on/off setting so it'll move intermittantly. It's just a case of, if you push the stalk, it will give it power and constantly wipe/spray until you let go..

Meaning I can stop the wiper wherever I want! But means I have to time my pushes so it ends where it should!


What's going on here?