GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: benjer182 on 11 September 2010, 14:04
-
Ok have a new switch as mine started to break up I also have the steering wheel off and the stalks and cowlings but how on earth does the old one come out ??
-
Ok have a new switch as mine started to break up I also have the steering wheel off and the stalks and cowlings but how on earth does the old one come out ??
Read your Haynes, its got a pretty good description.
-
In which section 10.10 ? No offence bit I thought that was useless lol
-
iirc I did mine last year. Uncouple the steering column from the universal coupling in the footwell and remove from car.
Unlock the ingition barrel so the column spins freely. This will make it easier to reach the screw holding it to the lock housing. (See pic with column removed) you will need to bend the end of the screwdriver to make the angle if you dont remove the steering column.
Unscrew and it pulls out.
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/igswitch.jpg)
http://golfgtiguides.co.uk/guides/how-to-change-the-ignition-housing-and-barrel-on-a-mk2-golf/
-
All sorted now thanks for that mate
-
just a quick note for anyone else trying this, if your steering column wont reach the UJ properly after removal, its probably shortened itself as its telescopic. you can extend it again easily enough. difficult to spot it mind you!