GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: janilic on 09 September 2010, 09:34
-
I've got my new wheels to go on my mk2 gti. I need to get 4 more wheel bolts. my mate gave me some mk3 ones but are too big. Do all mk2 golfs have the same size wheel bolts or did they sling different sizes on random models to make life easy?
-
Different alloys need different length bolts and different bolt heads (tapered vs. radius).
-
mk2 bolts are identical to those used on mk3 4 stud models, if that helps :afro:
your local scrappy/brakers should have some, take another bolt with you for a pattern
-
Come round mine, I have a draw full of varying shapes and sizes!!
-
You need to specify whether they are OEM wheels or after market as this dictates the bolts you'll need :wink:
-
Come round mine, I have a draw full of varying shapes and sizes!!
Thanks for the offer but it's a little far to travel.
-
You REALLY need to get the right wheel bolts as there are at least 3-4 different types with the same thread, not to mention different lengths.
Suddenly finding yourself with 3 wheels on your wagon is a really bad look. Been there, done that.
-
Different alloys need different length bolts and different bolt heads (tapered vs. radius).
+1 many options
-
How do you know which ones you'd need? I thought it was specific to the car, not the wheel :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: