GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: xkaty_h on 08 September 2010, 17:20
-
We've just changed the belts on my Mk2 whilst doing a few jobs and are struggling with the power steering pump pulley - when tensioned the pulley will not sit straight in relation to the alternator pulley.
My boyfriend's brother, who is doing the job, thinks there may be some spacers missing somewhere but we would appreciate if anyone could confirm just what the power steering pump requires to bolt up correctly.
Attached are a couple of photos of the pump, as yet un-tensioned.
Cheers
(http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/katyhxxx/IMG_2367.jpg)
(http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/katyhxxx/IMG_2366.jpg)
-
How is that so clean? :embarassed:
-
Well the engine's been out for a rebuild and it got cleaned up then :)
Can't claim that as my doing I'm afraid.
-
I put 3 washers behind my PS pulley to stop it catching the water pump pulley, I then ordered a new pulley for the PS pump. and it caught just the same, so, I then cut the center out of the old pulley, and made a spacer out of it, that fits perfectly inside the new pulley, it works perfectly, and life is too short to worry about 2.5mm of clearance :smiley:
Thom
-
As above, I had to fit washers as well ... below is an image from a test fit, there is actually only 3x washers on there (about 3mm spacing in total).
(http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2208/minicimg4815vz3.jpg)
-
As above, I had to fit washers as well ... below is an image from a test fit, there is actually only 3x washers on there (about 3mm spacing in total).
(http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2208/minicimg4815vz3.jpg)
A familiar sight on 16Vs all over the world....
Thom
-
and 8vs ;)
-
Seems a bit like a Volkswagen fail right there.
Cheers for the help all.
-
Seems a bit like a Volkswagen fail right there.
Cheers for the help all.
More of a retrofitting PAS fail.
-
Haaa I've just found the PAS pulley sticks out about 3mm too much inrelation to the main pulley it looks like most people have to space out the PAS I need to space out the main pulley. But my PAS set up came out of the Corrado mmmm I had always though most of the pumps were simular guessing not on this thread?
-
you dont need spacers. you need to loosen all the bolts and tap the brackets with a precision hammer and then tighten the bolts.
Most mk2's ive come across have had cracked pump fixings right near the sump.